Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2009) NCC Autocross Event #5 - August 8 @ Sykesville, MD - Page 2
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: (2009) NCC Autocross Event #5 - August 8 @ Sykesville, MD

No, not as slick but the hot sun can give you a little to work with. I guess as much as any other black top. It is smaller and the many sharp turns seem to give "me" a hard time. See you here.

I should be there... waiting a few days to register though, just to make sure I'm free.
    Chris
    98.5 ///M3 Coupe

Cosmos Racing | UUC | PBR | Ground Control | Koni | AA | Motion Motorsports | Vorshlag | THR | Prosport

16 Registered Already! AWESOME!

I live relatively close to Sykesville, so I was thinking about coming out in the morning to help set up. Is there a designated time for arrival in order to be helpful?

Quote Originally Posted by RedMS3 View Post
    I live relatively close to Sykesville, so I was thinking about coming out in the morning to help set up. Is there a designated time for arrival in order to be helpful?
    We could definitely use your help. Can you please PM me your email address? I send out an email to the setup crew typically the day before the event with arrival times, etc. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by m3chaser View Post
    I registered for the PM session! I may have a couple non bmw folks coming with me but not sure yet.

How is this course compared to the Summit Point course? Is it as slick?

Pavement is nowhere near as slick as SP but that venue has some unique challenges. Due to it's smaller lot, it frequently requires more tight turns so it can be much more technical a course layout.
    NCC

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Pavement is nowhere near as slick as SP but that venue has some unique challenges. Due to it's smaller lot, it frequently requires more tight turns so it can be much more technical a course layout.
    MSP is my favorite facility that we use. The asphalt is semi-grippy (much better than SP) and there's no light poles or curbs!

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    MSP is my favorite facility that we use. The asphalt is semi-grippy (much better than SP) and there's no light poles or curbs!
    There are ditches tho.........

Quote Originally Posted by mscire2 View Post
    There are ditches tho.........
    Ditches lined with sharp rocks and a few scattered light poles that are surrounded by old tires!

+1 on that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RedMS3 View Post
    Ditches lined with sharp rocks and a few scattered light poles that are surrounded by old tires!
    But they're so far out of the way...no one could possibly get that far off course.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Quote Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
    But they're so far out of the way...no one could possibly get that far off course.
    haha, could have gotten close to one pole at the last event there if you went the "wrong" way around the slalom and lost control. But, you're right...they're pretty out of the way and you'd really have to be out of control, which would probably prompt a mandatory ride along.

I love the facility because it's 12 minutes from my place...

Unfortunately, my car is not well-suited for the courses there because the slow turns REALLY kill my time in the little engine that couldn't... which makes/made me enjoy Summit Point, Bowie, FedEx, Cumberland and Ripken so much more. I like higher speeds and little grip.

SPR > Bowie > MSP for me, but I love all three. Each have their own unique flair.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggins View Post
    I love the facility because it's 12 minutes from my place...

...So what you're saying is AFTER PARTY at Chris's house???!!!

forget showing up early... I'll get that for you.. just make sure the pool is ready at your house and the fridge is stocked

I second that....
    I'll bring the libation, does everyone like Schlitz??

Thread Information