Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Transmission fluid change DIY?

Thread: Transmission fluid change DIY?

Transmission fluid change DIY?

I'm scheduled to change the manual transmission fluid on my M Roady at next week's Passport DIY and wanted to see if anyone had another link to a DIY. I found this one, but not sure if my roadster is the same (although technically its an e36).

http://www.unofficialbmw.com/e36/dri...ion_fluid.html

My car has 95k miles and after my X5's transmission died, i'll change out the trans fluid as preventative maintenence since i'd like to keep this one around for a while. i plan to use the OEM transmission fluid MTL-2 since thats what Passport is gonna sell me anyways.

anything else i should look into? is that DIY link all I need to do?
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Unless Passport allows you to use their tools, you'll need a fluid pump of sorts. Just remember to remove the fill plug before opening the drain plug and don't underfill the transmission (or diff for that matter) when refilling.

I replaced the transmission and differential fluid during the last DIY at Intersport. It's very easy, as AG mentioned you'd need a fluid pump that you can get at any autopart store (PepAdvanceZone) and you need to make sure you have the right hex key/socket for the fill and drain plugs. I bought the wrong hex key but fortunately Oscar had the right one that I could borrow . Oh, and on mine the plugs were stuck pretty good so it took a lot of muscle power to take them off . Good luck.

anyone else think I should also change the diff fluid? when i checked it back in the winter, it was still pretty clean, but i'll check it again to be safe.

and what type of fluid would i use for the diff?
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    anyone else think I should also change the diff fluid? when i checked it back in the winter, it was still pretty clean, but i'll check it again to be safe.

and what type of fluid would i use for the diff?
    if your doing the tranny fluid its just as easy to do the diff at the same time. Ive always ran either redline or royal purple in my diff and change the tranny and diff fluid at the same time every 30k or so but my car gets beat on pretty hard.

Thread Information