Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Columbia NCC Social New Fall Location Poll - VOTE NOW!!!! - Page 2

View Poll Results: Where to hold the Columbia social in the Fall?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • PubDog

13 22.03%
  • Champps

18 30.51%
  • Uno's

4 6.78%
  • Rams Head Tavern

24 40.68%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Columbia NCC Social New Fall Location Poll - VOTE NOW!!!!

Sorry. I went for pubdog. 2 for 1 Beers and Pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by prentissra View Post
    Sorry. I went for pubdog. 2 for 1 Beers and Pizza.
    Ive never understood that... They just give you 2 stupid small glasses for what a normal glass of beer would cost.

Quote Originally Posted by mscire2 View Post
    ive never understood that... They just give you 2 stupid small glasses for what a normal glass of beer would cost.

+1

2009 ///M
    BMW CCA #: 420077
    NCC Plate: 0682

Ive never understood that... They just give you 2 stupid small glasses for what a normal glass of beer would cost.
    I would guess that they're thinking that it makes the customer feel like they are getting something special or extra. The first event I came to, I brought the wife and kids (fully prepared to pay for them separately) but they looked at the menu and decided to go to Hana Mura on their own instead. Got me outta buying dinner, but they took my ride to get home and I had to ride with my Brother-in-law. hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by KevKaos View Post
    I would guess that they're thinking that it makes the customer feel like they are getting something special or extra.
    i'm sure thats it since thats the only place i know that does that. they must have gotten a really good deal on buying all those glasses b/c i sure as hell wouldnt want to be the dishwasher lol
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Actually, the glasses they give you are 9 oz. each. Thus, you are getting 18 oz. of beer, two more oz. than a normal pint, for $4... not a bad.
    2000 323i
    1997 M3

it was a beautiful day... the sun beat down
    I had the radio on, I was drivin'...

Apparently it's called "a gimmick". I believe they got the idea from McSorleys Ale House in New York.

It's a bit like being served two half cheeseburgers on two different plates. Fun I guess, if you're into that sort of thing.

But I am bored stiff of the place. Every month it's guaranteed to be the sos- because they just don't offer anything else.
    Andy Miller
    1995 Avusblau M3
    1997 Alaskablau 318ti M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by MPWR View Post
    Apparently it's called "a gimmick". I believe they got the idea from McSorleys Ale House in New York.

It's a bit like being served two half cheeseburgers on two different plates. Fun I guess, if you're into that sort of thing.

But I am bored stiff of the place. Every month it's guaranteed to be the sos- because they just don't offer anything else.
    yeah, i know people are tired of just pizza and beer....but i still like the atmosphere, waitstaff, and new parking situation. if they served other food, we probably wouldnt be having this discussion

i'm surprised no one else has slammed any of the other options

Quote Originally Posted by MPWR View Post
    Parking at Ram's Head is no problem at all. It has a large overbuilt and underutilized lot. http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...51cda8c4f4df3c The upper sections are perpetually empty, we'd have nothing but Bimmers. Good food, great beer (Fordham, you may have heard of it), and lots of space. Outdoor seating when the weather's nice, three different levels inside, free appetizers before 7, comfortable, decent lighting, and not so loud that you can't hear yourself think.
    This posting won me over to voting for Rams Head. Best beer around IMHO, and the food is really good. That lot is HUGE, and the more I thought about it, the more I realized that I have never really ever seen it full. The last thing to sway me is that there are the shops and such that I know the wife would like to endulge in before the eating and drinking and socializing.

Lastly, BMWs are classy cars, and Savage Mills has a certain amount of style and class that compliments our cars. Besides, hanging out on the parking lot of Columbia Mall reminds me of the old high school days of hanging out on the Glen Burnie Burger King lot oh so many years ago.
    Last edited by KevKaos; 07-16-2009 at 12:50 PM.

I voted for Ram's Head. I don't care much for Champs. I like Uno's but hate driving around that mall plus I'm a lilttle tired of Pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by Highflyr777 View Post
    I voted for Ram's Head. I don't care much for Champs. I like Uno's but hate driving around that mall plus I'm a lilttle tired of Pizza.
    actually Uno's has expanded their menu quite a bit over the years. they offer a lot more than pizza.

Rams Head seems to be picking up some steam

Uno's is also rated one the most unhealthy places to eat... Insane levels of fat, calories, and sodium in almost every item on their menu. I'm not a health nut by any means, but I think we can do better than Uno's. Also, we've already done the Champ's thing, and Pub Dog, although having a great wait staff , has run its course - thus, my vote for Ram's Head... Just my $.02
    2000 323i
    1997 M3

it was a beautiful day... the sun beat down
    I had the radio on, I was drivin'...

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    actually Uno's has expanded their menu quite a bit over the years. they offer a lot more than pizza.

Rams Head seems to be picking up some steam

I hope it picks up a little more. I really enjoy these events, but I know that I'll be a lot less inclined to go if we end up at champs.

Quote Originally Posted by Highflyr777 View Post
    I hope it picks up a little more. I really enjoy these events, but I know that I'll be a lot less inclined to go if we end up at champs.
    whats wrong with Champps?

less than 10 days left to vote and Ram's Head is making a strong move!!!

Thread Information