Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Columbia NCC Social New Fall Location Poll - VOTE NOW!!!!

View Poll Results: Where to hold the Columbia social in the Fall?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • PubDog

13 22.03%
  • Champps

18 30.51%
  • Uno's

4 6.78%
  • Rams Head Tavern

24 40.68%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Columbia NCC Social New Fall Location Poll - VOTE NOW!!!!

Columbia NCC Social New Fall Location Poll - VOTE NOW!!!!

Just wanna gauge whether we need to move the Columbia social in September to a new location. We've had our biggest turnouts at PubDog and I consistently hear a lot of great feedback about it; especially since we now have a dedicated parking area. However, I know some are tired of a menu with only pizza.

Here are the choices:
    1) PubDog - why change a good thing?
    http://www.pubdog.net/

2) Champps - back to an old favorite at Columbia Mall and the top of the parking garage
    http://www.champps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=267

3) Pizzeria Uno's - new location at the Mall, next to Champps
    http://www.unos.com/

4) Rams Head Tavern - Savage Mill; new location, plenty of parking
    http://www.ramsheadtavern.com/savage/index.html

Poll will end Aug 12th and winner announced at the August Columbia social at PubDog.

Please note we have chosen these 4 places based on past experiences and member's suggestions. IMO all locations have quality food and good parking (although some better than others). These will be the only locations considered, so please cast your votes accordingly. Any other suggestions may/may not be used for future socials.

BTW, if I cant strike a deal with the winner to host our event, then i'll have to try with whoever finished #2, etc
    Last edited by pseto; 07-29-2009 at 07:55 AM.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Champs FTW

Go champps!!!! That parking lot is calling us!
    so is that BBQ salmon I always order

Columbia, MD. Land of political correctness run amok.
    Ram's Head. GREAT beers.

Uno's.

I like pizza. I'm from Chicago. Uno's is close enough to the real thing to satiate me.

What traction control?

Quote Originally Posted by gbauer View Post
    Uno's.

I like pizza. I'm from Chicago. Uno's is close enough to the real thing to satiate me.
    finally some love for Uno's. i cant say its the best pizza, but its decent. plus, they have a pretty wide range of different foods to eat.

i think i'll hold off on voting till the very last minute; maybe i'll break a tie or something

since we usually have about 40+ people at the Columbia socials, I'm hoping to have that many people cast their votes. let's go people, vote, vote, vote!!!

Champps Champps Champps Champps Champps Champps Champps Champps

Quote Originally Posted by FrankoQ View Post
    PubDog PubDog PubDog PubDog PubDog PubDog PubDog PubDog PubDog PubDog PubDog PubDog PubDog
    Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by bmw_matt View Post
    Fixed
    haha

Parking at Ram's Head is no problem at all. It has a large overbuilt and underutilized lot. http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...51cda8c4f4df3c The upper sections are perpetually empty, we'd have nothing but Bimmers. Good food, great beer (Fordham, you may have heard of it), and lots of space. Outdoor seating when the weather's nice, three different levels inside, free appetizers before 7, comfortable, decent lighting, and not so loud that you can't hear yourself think.
    Andy Miller
    1995 Avusblau M3
    1997 Alaskablau 318ti M Sport

Champps has taken the early lead....we do need more voting though, especially to figure out 2nd place

vote people!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    i think i'll hold off on voting till the very last minute; maybe i'll break a tie or something
    Dang, that's what I was thinking because all the choices are great. Concerns over the parking at Savage Mills is valid unless you are on the back lot, and even then it can be tough to find spots if there is a big party or wedding reception. Maybe Thursdays are clear of that sort of issue.

BTW, if I cant strike a deal with the winner to host our event, then i'll have to try with whoever finished #2, etc
    You could go all corporate on them and hit all of them up and see who gives you the best deal.

Quote Originally Posted by KevKaos View Post
    You could go all corporate on them and hit all of them up and see who gives you the best deal.
    true, although i know the GM at Champps and he gave us a good deal last year. at least i'll know where to start

true, although i know the GM at Champps and he gave us a good deal last year. at least i'll know where to start
    Well, that sounds like a winner. I find it baffling that any business would not be dying to get a group like this every month. They surely make a bunch of money on those nights.

Side note: The last last gathering was just as much fun as the first one I attended, even if it was a smaller group. My only regret is that I had to bug out early. I started feeling worse and worse as the indoor gathering went on. Went to the Doctor the next evening, and it turns out I had a pretty severe infection going on in my foot and ankle from (of all things) a spider bite while at work. I didn't even know I had been bitten. Go figure.

Thread Information