Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Anyone have a Peake SRS Air Bag Reset tool?

Thread: Anyone have a Peake SRS Air Bag Reset tool?

Anyone have a Peake SRS Air Bag Reset tool?

Accidentally yanked the plug apart that goes to the passenger seat occupancy sensor in my E39 so now I need to reset the stinkin' SRS light before having the car inspected.

Anyone here have one of the Peake SRS reset tools that would be willing to reset me quickly if I run by? I'm in NoVA.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    Accidentally yanked the plug apart that goes to the passenger seat occupancy sensor in my E39 so now I need to reset the stinkin' SRS light before having the car inspected.

Anyone here have one of the Peake SRS reset tools that would be willing to reset me quickly if I run by? I'm in NoVA.

Thanks.
    I have a set and I'm pretty sure that it will work with your car.

You can find me organizing the club autocross at Summit Point this weekend or PM me to work out a date / time to swing by.

I have these two:

R5/FCX3149.99Engine Code Scan and Reset + Oilservc-Inspctn light Reset
    R5/SRS129.99SRS Airbag code scan and Reset 1994-2000

You can go here to see if they'll work on your car:

http://www.peakeresearch.com/prodsel/index.php

Thanks Jonathan. That one should do it.

I still need to finish some work on the car before I take it any distance. I'll PM you and try to set up a time once I know better when it will be ready to roll again.

Thanks again.

Mike

do you have to do anything fancy like disconnect the battery when u use the airbag reset tool? i've had the airbag light on for almost 3 years now...

Quote Originally Posted by adam View Post
    do you have to do anything fancy like disconnect the battery when u use the airbag reset tool? i've had the airbag light on for almost 3 years now...
    No. It takes less than 30 seconds. Just see me tomorrow and we'll do it.

Quote Originally Posted by adam View Post
    You mean other than fixing whatever the airbag thinks is wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by hoyabmw View Post
    You mean other than bypassing whatever the airbag thinks is wrong?
    Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    Fixed.
    you've seen adam drive. He needs a working airbag...

Airbag light reset

I too need to borrow a Peake R5/SRS reset tool for my 1999 M3. Anyone? I live in Fairfax-GMU and work in Arlington-Rosslyn. I have the basic Peake tool for reseting the oil change lights only.

Quote Originally Posted by M32DR View Post
    I too need to borrow a Peake R5/SRS reset tool for my 1999 M3. Anyone? I live in Fairfax-GMU and work in Arlington-Rosslyn. I have the basic Peake tool for reseting the oil change lights only.
    I'm planning on being at the NOVA Social on the 3rd. Please PM me a day before to remind me to bring them with me.

Roger that Jonathan. I will plan to attend the NOVA social at Thirsty Bernie's Thurs 9/3. Will remind you about the tool too. Thanks, Chris

Here we go SRS again

Dang! SRS air bag light came on again. Last reset a month ago coded passenger side buckle fault. Guess it needs cleaned or replaced. Either that or no more passengers! That said I need another reset. Anyone got a R5/SRS I could borrow? or buy? I am in Fairfax nites and Arlington days. Will come to you.

Thread Information