Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Green Stuff Brake Pads

Thread: Green Stuff Brake Pads

Green Stuff Brake Pads

Hi,

Anyone have an idea if the "low dust" Green Stuff brake pads are what they advertise? Love my car, but really tired of a two hour wheel cleaning deal every week...

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by mmfiel View Post
    Hi,

Anyone have an idea if the "low dust" Green Stuff brake pads are what they advertise? Love my car, but really tired of a two hour wheel cleaning deal every week...

Ron
    Not sure about the low dust Green stuff, but the Akebono Euro Ceramics are EXTREMELY clean. Add a good polymer/wax coating on your rims, and whatever dirt and/or slight dust you do get rinses right off. Only difference I can imagine is that the Green Stuffs are supposed to have more initial stopping grab and the ceramics have to warm up. Just some thoughts, hope it helps some.

Quote Originally Posted by KevKaos View Post
    Not sure about the low dust Green stuff, but the Akebono Euro Ceramics are EXTREMELY clean. Add a good polymer/wax coating on your rims, and whatever dirt and/or slight dust you do get rinses right off. Only difference I can imagine is that the Green Stuffs are supposed to have more initial stopping grab and the ceramics have to warm up. Just some thoughts, hope it helps some.
    I use Axxis Deluxe ceramic pads and I can go 3+ weeks of not cleaning my rims of brake dust.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Green Stuff Brake Pads

Thanks one and all, good info....shopping for new pads now!

Cool

I'm currently running EBC Green Stuff along with EBC Cross-drilled/slotted rotors. I'm not having any real brake dust issues and they stop a little better than the ceramic pads. I went to EBC pads and rotors because I was looking for the best set-up for Auto-X, Driver's School and street driving without having to change out my brakes for the various different events. Just my two and a half cents worth. Happy Motoring...
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

Thread Information