Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Anyone know a good lawyer?

Thread: Anyone know a good lawyer?

Angry Anyone know a good lawyer?

I just got a ticket for going through a red light in Montgomery County that is complete bul**hit. While I have no points and the fine is modest, I want to fight this on principle.

I've been to court myself before to fight tickets but this time I want to try to not pay a dime. Anyone know the name of a good lawyer that handles traffic stuff in MC?

Quote Originally Posted by smoldin
    I've been to court myself before to fight tickets but this time I want to try to not pay a dime. Anyone know the name of a good lawyer that handles traffic stuff in MC?
    Either way you will pay. Either for the lawyer or county.
    I'd rather give a lawyer money than the county.

It takes 3 months to get a court date so you do have some time.
    At least that is how long it took to get a court date for my speeding ticket in Nov.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

"I'd rather give a lawyer money than the county."

Are you crazy? While neither option is very appealing at least there is some chance that the money will go to some good use if the county gets it. And quit running red lights. Yellow=Red, it's illegal to go through either one.

It is not illegal to go through a yellow light.
    Yellow you proceed through cautiously.

While I do not condone going through red lights, whether he did or not is not the question, tickets are a revenue source for the county. Most tickets have little to do with safety.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

No, you are thinking of a flashing yellow. While it is generaly accepted that yellow means go faster it is illegal to run through one (at least in VA) and if you get a ticket doing it it's probably beacuse the cop was in a bad mood or more likely jealous of that nice BMW. In any case 2-300 bucks for an L word or 50 for the ticket.
    By the way, I agree his ticket is simply a way of getting a quick buck, hey they got to find some way to pay for the six guys it takes to supervise the one guy with a shovel.

stop sign - note red light

i wrote red light but i actually meant a stop sign. it was the stop sign by the mormon temple on beach drive. 9 at night - not a car on the road - accept the police car about half a mile from the intersection. i skidded and came to a stop past the sign, and then continued. it took him like 2 min to get to me because he literally was half a mile back.

Thread Information