Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Need help selecting the correct size wheel spacer for E36

Thread: Need help selecting the correct size wheel spacer for E36

Need help selecting the correct size wheel spacer for E36

I'm rubbing my tire on the inside of the wheel well and am rubbing away paint... does anyone have some spacers that I can try out and see what works? Other options would be nice too. Thanks.

-- Adam

In the rear wheel well, towards the front? If so, what you probably need are new rear trailing arm bushings.

What wheel size/width/offset, tire make/size?
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

Adam,

You can test fit a set of my 10 mm spacers on Saturday. I don't use them when I put the comps on ...

Quote Originally Posted by Nick325xiT 5spd View Post
    In the rear wheel well, towards the front? If so, what you probably need are new rear trailing arm bushings.

What wheel size/width/offset, tire make/size?
    - front driver side wheel well, towards the rear when i turn right
    - 225/45/17 kumho spt's on DS2s

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    Adam,

You can test fit a set of my 10 mm spacers on Saturday. I don't use them when I put the comps on ...
    perfect. that will give me a good ballpark to work with

thanks for both responses guys. nick come autox this weekend, i'll wear nice pants too

Quote Originally Posted by adam View Post
    - front driver side wheel well, towards the rear when i turn right
    - 225/45/17 kumho spt's on DS2s

perfect. that will give me a good ballpark to work with

thanks for both responses guys. nick come autox this weekend, i'll wear nice pants too
    Saturday, I'm swapping engines between a wrecked SpecE30 and its replacement shell. (And Sunday, I'm at Fedex.) The NCC schedule this year has been pretty terrible for me.

...and you mean when you turn left?
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick325xiT 5spd View Post
    Saturday, I'm swapping engines between a wrecked SpecE30 and its replacement shell. (And Sunday, I'm at Fedex.) The NCC schedule this year has been pretty terrible for me.

...and you mean when you turn left?
    i'll double check tonight but i'm pretty sure its when i turn right... now you have me wondering

i'll double check tonight but i'm pretty sure its when i turn right... now you have me wondering
    Yeah, there's no way you should be rubbing with those small tires on there. Bet something needs replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    Yeah, there's no way you should be rubbing with those small tires on there. Bet something needs replaced.
    i remember pete rubbed his fender a little with i believe the same tire size, suspension and camber settings... any idea on what something is? control arms were replaced last year, bushings i just did. it has rubbed for a long time, even before replacing said components

i remember pete rubbed his fender a little with i believe the same tire size, suspension and camber settings... any idea on what something is? control arms were replaced last year, bushings i just did. it has rubbed for a long time, even before replacing said components
    We can always pull a wheel off and take a look. Hopefully it's nothing.

rubbing the fender & rubbing the inner well are 2 different things. Probably you need to raise that damn car off the ground a bit and it will stop rubbing. Most of the nationally competitive E36s are running near stock M3 ride height.

You should have equal rubbing on both sides barring any alignment problems,i.e. full right turn vs.full left .

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    You should have equal rubbing on both sides barring any alignment problems,i.e. full right turn vs.full left .
    That's not true

Each of my e36's had different rubbing issues side to side.

Thread Information