Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
New club/forum member.

Thread: New club/forum member.

New club/forum member.

Hey my name is Scott, I am young at 19 however i've been working on cars for 5 years. I am training to be an automotive technician and already have my ASE/NOCTI certifications. Here are some pics of my car, hope to come to some meets and shoot the shit and talk about cars. Here are some pics of my car, which is a 1987 535i 5 spd. Im working on building a custom made water/air intercooler and turbo setup. It already has megasquirt ms2 full standalone, tuned by myself and some other goodies here and there.

Welcome!
    I think I've seen you post at mye28.com. Are you also a member of the Tidewater Chapter?
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

I am a member of mye28, and i'm working on that now. A lot of my friends are Toyota Supra owners, and I would go to a lot of their meets, and they would have track days and meets and stuff. So I thought it would be cool to try and find more people that would do that sort of thing with BMWs. It seems many people on this forum live in very northern Virginia, whereas I live in southern. I wouldn't mind the cruise if it was for a decent sized event or whatever.
    Last edited by ScottinVA; 07-05-2009 at 10:23 AM.
    Mmmm t-70 turboz

Quote Originally Posted by ScottinVA View Post
    I am a member of mye28, and no I have actually not heard of that. A lot of my friends are Toyota Supra owners, and I would go to a lot of their meets, and they would have track days and meets and stuff. So I thought it would be cool to try and find more people that would do that sort of thing with BMWs. It seems many people on this forum live in very northern Virginia, whereas I live in southern. I wouldn't mind the cruise if it was for a decent sized event or whatever.
    Hi Scott! Nice car and welcome to the club.

Make sure to get some friends together and come up to ChapterFest on 09/26/09. It's in Bowie, MD, but it will be worth the drive. You could also meet up with members on the way up to caravan! (It's our largest event of the year - part social, part autocross, part concours!)

Many people on this forum live in NoVA as the chapter encompasses the area from Baltimore, MD to Fredericksburg, VA, approximately.
    There are also chapters in the Tidewater and Charlottesville areas:
    http://www.tidewaterbmwcca.org/
    http://blueridgebmwcca.org/
    Last edited by John in VA; 07-05-2009 at 08:36 PM.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Smile

Welcome to the club.

2009 ///M
    BMW CCA #: 420077
    NCC Plate: 0682

So if you are a member of the CCA club, are you allowed to go to other "regional" events? I see that certain car clubs for certain regions hold events, if you are in the same car club, but a different region, are you still allowed to attend?
    Mmmm t-70 turboz

So if you are a member of the CCA club, are you allowed to go to other "regional" events? I see that certain car clubs for certain regions hold events, if you are in the same car club, but a different region, are you still allowed to attend?
    National and Regional 'status' events should be open to all members.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Okay thankyou for the help, your group seems to be much more active, and larger than the region I truely live in. So for the larger events I would like to come to some of your "regional" events.
    Mmmm t-70 turboz

Okay thankyou for the help, your group seems to be much more active, and larger than the region I truely live in. So for the larger events I would like to come to some of your "regional" events.
    A regional event is still different. NCC events are 'chapter' events.
    A regional event might be something like events hosted by the Allegheny Chapter at the Pittsburgh Vintage GP or Vintage in the Vineyards. Those events are open to all CCA members.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    A regional event is still different. NCC events are 'chapter' events.
    A regional event might be something like events hosted by the Allegheny Chapter at the Pittsburgh Vintage GP or Vintage in the Vineyards. Those events are open to all CCA members.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, however it's my understanding that all NCC events are open to ALL CCA members!

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, however it's my understanding that all NCC events are open to ALL CCA members!
    Absolutely. Come on up Scott.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    Driving schools give priority to

1. NCC members
    2. CCA members
    3. non-members

Same for many chapters.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

That answered all of my questions, thankyou for your help. I will be there
    Mmmm t-70 turboz

Thread Information