Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
10/10/2009 - Driving School @ Jefferson Circuit - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 10/10/2009 - Driving School @ Jefferson Circuit

Zack:

I'll just provide you an opinion for your Q2: FATT is a good program I think and is useful for getting track time. In my opinion, and it is a limited opinion, NCC's driver educ. prog. is much more structured and feels safer to me, hence more comfortable. During FATT events they tend to get many different type of drivers that some truly see the day as proving grounds of their abilities, cars, etc. I have not had any significant incidents during a FATT, but seen few that could have turned ugly with no real justification.
    I also think that the NCC instructors are more focused on teaching their methods, learning/teaching is a real objective. Even though there are many NCC instructors also teaching during FATT the objectives 'feels' slightly different to me as a student. Instructors during FATT session seem to be a little quicker in solo'ing students.
    Fatih

Thanks for the input, FT.

Anyone else I can contact about squeezing into the NCC BMW school? I haven't heard back from Doug.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by zsm View Post
    Thanks for the input, FT.

Anyone else I can contact about squeezing into the NCC BMW school? I haven't heard back from Doug.

Thanks.
    Did you submit your application package with payment? If so - just wait for notification from Doug. If not - the delay is working against your acceptance.

Hey Alan.

I was waiting to hear back since I was late to coming across the school, the registration period had passed, and didn't message the forum until after Doug's comment stating that all acceptance emails had been sent out.

Since we're so close to deadline I just wanted to hear if it was pointless for me to fill out and send in all the docs, or if there's still some openings.

Thanks.
    Last edited by zsm; 09-26-2009 at 12:23 PM.

Send it in regardless....they'll trash your check if they can't accept your registration...but at least get it in...if they can fit you in, they will.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Quote Originally Posted by zsm View Post
    Hey Alan.

I was waiting to hear back since I was late to coming across the school, the registration period had passed, and didn't message the forum until after Doug's comment stating that all acceptance emails had been sent out.

Since we're so close to deadline I just wanted to hear if it was pointless for me to fill out and send in all the docs, or if there's still some openings.

Thanks.
    Unfortunately it is a fact of life that the driver school officials rarely look and/or respond at this message board.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Hotel

I'm signed up for both days and thinking about getting a hotel room for the night rather than driving back and forth to DC. Is anyone else planning to do the same? If so, which hotel? It would be fun to stay with others from the school.
    Jeff Steele, 2009 135i, Le Mans Blue

I wanted to go to OG racing after work today to get a helmet but they're closed. Does anyone have an extra helmet I can barrow?

Quote Originally Posted by darkfiber View Post
    I wanted to go to OG racing after work today to get a helmet but they're closed. Does anyone have an extra helmet I can barrow?
    Were you going to buy one? or rent one? OG at Summit should be open in the morning to buy one, but I don't think they rent there. I'm sure one way or another there will be something you can wear if you show up without one.

I couldn't find any phone numbers for the event organizers, but if someone at the Sunday event is reading this, could you please let David Miller know that D70 (Mike M) will not be able to make it today? Someone else can have my spot if they can make it to today. Thanks.
    Mike, 2005 E46 M3 ZCP SMG, 2005 E46 325xiT

So...who won the Radial Tire Toyo's?

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by glindsay View Post
    Adam by proxy?
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by glindsay View Post
    Tanya Mills, the perfect winner. Tanya is an out of work recent college grad who had a flat tire on her 325i earlier in the day.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    Tanya Mills, the perfect winner. Tanya is an out of work recent college grad who had a flat tire on her 325i earlier in the day.
    Woody is quite right. Ms. Mills was a storybook winner of the raffle. Everyone was happy for her. I spoke to Paul at Radial Tire today and he loved hearing that someone who could really use the tires was the winner.

Radial Tire really appreciates the value of our Chapter's support. They know that even if they only "break even" (or close to it) on racing tire sales to our members, they also win a lot of street tire sales business through our referrals.
    Bonbahn
    BonBahn

I am not affiliated with this company but I saw them on the paddock and they have photos of the event for sale on their website: http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/thum...aspx?e=5407020.
    Mike, 2005 E46 M3 ZCP SMG, 2005 E46 325xiT

Thread Information