Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
10/10/2009 - Driving School @ Jefferson Circuit
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/10/2009 - Driving School @ Jefferson Circuit

10/10/2009 - Driving School @ Jefferson Circuit

Preregistration begins August 10, 2009.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Cool

Thanks for the reminder Steven, I believe I feel another session of DS coming on... Put me in coach, the bug has biten hard.
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

What time do you think the Sat session (on Oct 10) will be done? I plan to register, but need to be back in DC by 5:30pm that day.

Our schools normally end at 5:00pm. Depending on the schedule and your run group, you may, or may not, be able to do your last session that day.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Hi,

This is a newbie question, but are we required to supply our own helmets? I've been doing a few of the autocrosses and I'm interested in the track time on the Jefferson, but I have been borrowing the loaner helmet. I would just like to know since getting a helmet would add to the cost of attendance!

Thanks,

Fred

For your first time I would recommend renting a proper helmet from OG Racing near Dulles. You can try it on for the correct size and I believe the rental fee is applied toward a purchase if you decide this is an activity you want to pursue.
    Woody

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    For your first time I would recommend renting a proper helmet from OG Racing near Dulles. You can try it on for the correct size and I believe the rental fee is applied toward a purchase if you decide this is an activity you want to pursue.

Thanks, Woody. I will look into it and decide in the near future whether I will attend the driving school event.

I'm a club member and registered for the Sunday session. My buddy, who is not a member would like to sign up. Is this allowed? He doesn't have a BMW. If he is allowed to do this, how much is the fee for him?

Thanks much,
    Jim

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by beckley View Post
    I'm a club member and registered for the Sunday session. My buddy, who is not a member would like to sign up. Is this allowed? He doesn't have a BMW. If he is allowed to do this, how much is the fee for him?

Thanks much,
    Jim
    Hey Jim here's the information that comes directly from our FAQ section of the Drivers School website.
    Do I have to be a member of the BMW CCA to attend your schools?

Answer

No. Non-members are welcome at our schools. However, members pay a lower fee. You will break even at your first school each year and will save money on each school thereafter if you join the BMW CCA. In addition, the club sponsors a wide range of activities other than driving events (including social events, tours, and tech sessions). We would love to see you at those events as well. To join the BMW CCA, see the Membership Information page for details.
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

Quote Originally Posted by beckley View Post
    I'm a club member and registered for the Sunday session. My buddy, who is not a member would like to sign up. Jim
    And if you are wondering if your buddy would be allowed to drive Sunday only, this is also from the FAQ:

This is my first school, but I only want to attend one day. Why can't I register just for Sunday?

Answer
    Students' first school days tend to be a bit overwhelming. There is a lot of new information to absorb, new concepts to understand, and new skills to practice. However, the learning curve is very steep, and by the end of the day you will be controlling your car in ways you would not have imagined. Most significantly, your speeds attained on the track will be substantially higher at the end of the day than at the beginning. To reduce your stress and aid your learning, you will be in a group with a large number of novice drivers, so you and your fellow drivers will all start out at similar levels and will progress together.

The novice student attending only on Sunday would be at a terrific disadvantage. That student would frequently be the only Sunday-only novice and would find the speeds and constant interference of the other drivers immensely distracting and intimidating. Moreover, the classroom and skidpad sessions on Sunday build on the skills and information learned on the previous day. We have found through experience that we simply cannot provide the learning environment you deserve for your first school on the second day of a two-day event. Therefore, we require that first-time students attending only one day register for the first day instead of the second.
    Woody

That's a really good rule^^^^^
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

I just realized we are in the middle of registration time. I pre-registered right when it opened, but what should I be mailing, and to whom, for proper registration? I will be attending both days.
    Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

Quote Originally Posted by Reach View Post
    I just realized we are in the middle of registration time. I pre-registered right when it opened, but what should I be mailing, and to whom, for proper registration? I will be attending both days.
    The directions are in the confirmation email and as a PM.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Doh! I missed the payment window part. Am I too late to pay?

Thread Information