Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
New Extreme Performance Tire Test

Thread: New Extreme Performance Tire Test

New Extreme Performance Tire Test

Tire Rack's latest extensive test of the new Bridgestone Re-11, new Kumho XS, new Yokohama AD08, and last year's winner, the Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Spec. Too bad they don't test the Toyo R1R and Nitto NT-05 too, but they don't sell them.

http://www.tirerack.com:80/tires/tes...y.jsp?ttid=118

By the way, I have about 100 miles on my new Z1s (street and highway) and think they are very quiet. Well, compared to the well-used Bridgestone RE-01Rs that they replaced.
    Last edited by woodym3; 06-25-2009 at 09:02 PM.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Thx woody. I was hoping they would do a reivew soon as I'm in the market for new tires very soon.

It looks like Great Britain, and presumably all of Europe, may outlaw R-compound tires. I'm not sure why the Dunlop Direzza is mentioned here - either the ignorance of the press (not a first) or Dunlop markets an R-compound tire in Europe as part of the Direzza line.

http://www.evo.co.uk:80/news/evonews..._outlawed.html
    Woody

A friend just said, "lucky for us it's tyres being regulated and not tires."
    Woody

Tyres, ha!

Looks like R&T just teamed up with TireRack to do some tire testing too.

"Tire Test: Nine Affordable Summer Tires Take On the Michelin PS2"

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...omparison_test

Interesting in that they picked the top Dunlop tire but for Bridgestone and Yokohama they didn't pick their best tire as those manufacturers must not produce a less than $140 tire in 225/45/17 which was their price point.

Yeah, in my opinion the testing of some regular "affordable" high performance tires with price and size constraints against the "extreme" Z1 and XS make this a flawed test.

I ran my new Z1s on both wet and dry track at VIR this past weekend, and was able to compare them with my old Toyo RA-1s. I was very pleased. The Toyos may have been slightly faster, but maybe because I felt less guilty abusing them.
    Woody

Lame. Leaving out the T1Rs and the RE-11s is bullshit.

As I've said in the past, the Kumho XS has the scariest wet breakaway that I've ever experienced, so i can't disagree with their review. Give it a dry course (and maybe some heat) and it is awesome. Put some water down and it's useless.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick325xiT 5spd View Post
    Lame. Leaving out the T1Rs and the RE-11s is bullshit.
    Nick:

I couldn't agree more. In fact I was even more surprised they didn't even mention the RE-11 (or the RE-01) when reviewing the Bridgestone tire as they'd mentioned other tires several manufacturers produce when their specific tire was reviewed.

Feff

Thread Information