Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Looking for an E30
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Looking for an E30

Unhappy Looking for an E30

I don't know if this is the right forum for this, but I've been looking for a red E30 coupe, manual transmission and leather interior. 325i or 325 super eta would be nice. I've been looking on cars.com, autotrader.com, ebaymotors and craigslist. Are there any other places I should look? Thanks for reading!

I'll trade ya straight up.
    No, but really, www.R3vlimited.com is the place to go. Hope you're willing to travel!
    V '87 535is (FE2O3): (sigh)
    V '86 325e (GRN HLL): 6 quarts of oil in the Patuxent River
    ^ '04 x3 3.0i : Wife's Bimmer (manual, woot!)
    V '76 Austin Mini
    Check out my blog! www.335bmws.blogspot.com

I'll pass on the trade but that's a great site! Thanks!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by agreatham View Post
    I don't know if this is the right forum for this, but I've been looking for a red E30 coupe, manual transmission and leather interior. 325i or 325 super eta would be nice. I've been looking on cars.com, autotrader.com, ebaymotors and craigslist. Are there any other places I should look? Thanks for reading!
    I'd suggest you try contacting Convenience Car Care in Manassas, VA. I know Timmy the owner had an E30 for sale about a month ago, his staff can also locate good bimmers and do your pre-purchase as well. (703) 330-2237. I hope this helps, take care!
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

Quote Originally Posted by Zchild View Post
    I'd suggest you try contacting Convenience Car Care in Manassas, VA. I know Timmy the owner had an E30 for sale about a month ago, his staff can also locate good bimmers and do your pre-purchase as well. (703) 330-2237. I hope this helps, take care!
    I will do that, thanks for the tip!

e30tech is also worth looking on. What is your budget?

I actually found my E30 on here of all places.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

There is a red one for sale on craigslist as of yesterday. 89 325i. 5000 for a 91 with 225k is too high for me though.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/n...238120016.html

Jared
    Last edited by 87325is; 06-25-2009 at 04:33 PM. Reason: added link
    Jared
    87 325is
    Looking for another e30

Quote Originally Posted by Nick325xiT 5spd View Post
    e30tech is also worth looking on. What is your budget?

I actually found my E30 on here of all places.
    Thanks, I'll add that to my list. I was thinking of selling my 98 Jeep ZJ and using the cash from that to buy an E30. I should be able to get $2500 I would think. Or I could wait for the Cash for Clunkers program, get $4500 towards a Mazda3, sell the Mazda3 and use the difference to buy an E30. Complicated? Yes. Genius? Only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by 87325is View Post
    There is a red one for sale on craigslist as of yesterday. 89 325i. 5000 for a 91 with 225k is too high for me though.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/n...238120016.html

Jared
    Thanks for the link, I think I saw that last night. The price and mileage are a bit on the high side, though, and I would prefer no mods. I appreciate you checking, though. I've e-mailed the seller and asked if they could put the original parts back on. Maybe that'll knock the price down some.

I have been looking too :-). He just took a lot of pictures. Beside the engine, the cars looks ok and worth a trip. He will swap to the original rims but not sure about the other stuff. He is in Annandale and a mechanic somewhere.

Jared
    Jared
    87 325is
    Looking for another e30

Quote Originally Posted by agreatham View Post
    but I've been looking for a red E30 coupe, manual transmission and leather interior. 325i or 325 super eta would be nice.
    You didn't indicate the purpose of this car. Daily driver/beater? Car for son/daughter? Track toy? If the later, I recommend the "i" rather than the eta. Have you driven each?
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    You didn't indicate the purpose of this car. Daily driver/beater? Car for son/daughter? Track toy? If the later, I recommend the "i" rather than the eta. Have you driven each?
    I guess I should have mentioned that earlier. I have two things in mind for this. First, I'd like to replace my current daily driver, a 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee (117k miles now), with something that gets better mileage and is actually built to last 200k miles or more. I only drive 18.4 miles on working days which adds up to around 4500 miles a year so an E30 with 175k miles or fewer should last me five years at least. Second, my son will be eligible for a learner's permit in 2 and a half years so a nice old used car with a manual transmission would be a good platform for him to learn not only how to drive a car but also how to maintain one.

So, given all that, I would think that logical choices would be a 318i (1.8L I4) or a 325e (2.7L I6). What do you think?

Get an E30 with the 6-cyl engine. We have an '85 325e and love it (teen driver). The "e" has a timing belt that needs replacement every 50-60K miles, so consider a 325i - more choices and newer ones available.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    Get an E30 with the 6-cyl engine. We have an '85 325e and love it (teen driver). The "e" has a timing belt that needs replacement every 50-60K miles, so consider a 325i - more choices and newer ones available.
    All E30 6-cyl. engines had a timing belt.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick325xiT 5spd View Post
    All E30 6-cyl. engines had a timing belt.
    Must be an M20 thing - good to know. Thanks!
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Thread Information