Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Formula 1 Teams to start new series!!

Thread: Formula 1 Teams to start new series!!

Formula 1 Teams to start new series!!

From AutoWeek:

In a stunning development Thursday night to the ongoing dispute between the FIA and the Formula One Teams Association, FOTA announced via a statement that it plans to leave the official Formula One World Championship in favor of establishing its own breakaway series beginning next year.

The established F1 teams have been waging a well-documented battle with the sport's governing body over future technical regulations and the FIA's push to introduce a budget cap beginning in 2010. After meeting Thursday at Renault F1's factory in the U.K., FOTA's eight members--Ferrari, BMW Sauber, Renault, McLaren-Mercedes, Brawn GP, Toyota, Red Bull Racing and Scuderia Toro Rosso--determined that they have had enough of FIA president Max Mosley and F1 commercial boss Bernie Ecclestone.

The full report:
    http://www.autoweek.com/article/20090618/F1/906189977
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Good. Maybe the discussions about the sport will focus on racing now instead of spending weeks in court trying to decide races' outcomes and future seasons. As painful as the split may be in the near future, I think the FOTA is making the only decision they can.

I'm still convinced a compromise will eventually be reached. Don't quote me, but it appears attendance is already way down from last year and with the exit of the FOTA teams, I doubt many people will care about the F1 brand name if the big players aren't in it.

This is all very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggins View Post
    I'm still convinced a compromise will eventually be reached.
    Well, that didn't take long. . . .at least according to Max:

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/artic...a-says-mosley/
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

It was kinda getting out of control. I'm glad that they've come to some kind of agreement. It's all about the bottom line anyways. Two series' would have compromised their potential profit margins. Can't have that!
    V '87 535is (FE2O3): (sigh)
    V '86 325e (GRN HLL): 6 quarts of oil in the Patuxent River
    ^ '04 x3 3.0i : Wife's Bimmer (manual, woot!)
    V '76 Austin Mini
    Check out my blog! www.335bmws.blogspot.com

Thread Information