Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2009) NCC Autocross Event #4 - July 11 @ Summit Point Motorsports Park - Page 5
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: (2009) NCC Autocross Event #4 - July 11 @ Summit Point Motorsports Park

Quote Originally Posted by ea-sport View Post
    That's me ..I am sure I put 2001 when I signed up, or ....may be not, I signed up around mid-night so it's possible I mistyped . I saw that too but I just didn't want to bother Jonathan too much, I figured that I'd correct it when I register at the event.
    Ha, I just thought to point it out, no worries.

BTW, Jonathan, or anyone else, on the subject on coilovers. Do they put you into Modified class? On the class web page it just says
    Spring Changes Permitted Only w/ Stock Location Placement (Note: This Prohibits Rear Coilovers)
    But what about front coilovers?

I bought some Ground Control coilover's and camber plates, and it says for other suspension free in the Tuner group so will I still be in the class of "Tuner" or does it bump me up to modified?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bmw_matt View Post
    Ha, I just thought to point it out, no worries.

BTW, Jonathan, or anyone else, on the subject on coilovers. Do they put you into Modified class? On the class web page it just says

But what about front coilovers?

I bought some Ground Control coilover's and camber plates, and it says for other suspension free in the Tuner group so will I still be in the class of "Tuner" or does it bump me up to modified?
    Thanks
    The intention was to allow "tunerish" coilovers, such as GC, etc. Most street coilovers aren't true coilovers in the rear (meaning the spring actually doesn't coil around the shock/strut). Suspensions that use stock locations in the rear and coilovers in the front are permitted in Tuner.

Sweet, thank you Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by irish44j View Post
    yeah, your car is terrible. we should trade

Bring your GT6. I owned 2 back in the day.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by jbrannon7 View Post
    Bring your GT6. I owned 2 back in the day.

Joe
    If I thought it was ready to drive all the way to Summit, I would....

I haven't worked out a few bugs yet so I don't trust it long-distance yet. That and it's hot as hell in the middle of the summer, as you I'm sure know!

Quote Originally Posted by RedMS3 View Post
    I just have to make sure I don't get in too much trouble with the g/f...
    There's more and more gals coming out - either to watch or to drive. Bring her out with you. As you can see any objection that I had was completely run over ...although I do have to say that now I count down the days as much as Jonathan does.

~Katie

I'm signed up for the the PM session. I've never been to an ncc autocross before, and the website was a little unspecific about loaner helmets. Do I need to reserve/pay for one? thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TopGear View Post
    I'm signed up for the the PM session. I've never been to an ncc autocross before, and the website was a little unspecific about loaner helmets. Do I need to reserve/pay for one? thanks!
    Last time they were available at the event.

I went and bought one (HJC open-face Snell M2005) for $57. Sweaty heads sharing helmets? No thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by phenryiv1 View Post
    Sweaty heads sharing helmets? No thanks!
    That's a pretty compelling reason to get your own! I was thinking about buying one, but it might not be delivered in time.

Last time they were available at the event.

I went and bought one (HJC open-face Snell M2005) for $57. Sweaty heads sharing helmets? No thanks!
    Please PM me with where you're finding them for that $$$.

Quote Originally Posted by TopGear View Post
    That's a pretty compelling reason to get your own! I was thinking about buying one, but it might not be delivered in time.
    I bought mine at a local motorsports shop.

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    Please PM me with where you're finding them for that $$$.
    Send via PM, but I am willing to post in the thread as well.

Send via PM, but I am willing to post in the thread as well.
    I've been looking for a place to negotiate a club discount with for low cost "starter" helmets for autocross as we have many newcomers. Thanks for the info and I'll post up more later.

OG Racing out in Sterling has some Bell Mag4's on closeout for like $140 or so. That's what I picked up so I can quit using my full-face sweatbox in the summer.

Those of you buying open face helmets. Remember if you want to do the karting league in the winter time out by Allsports GP, you might want to consider a full face. Or be prepared to taste rubber (ask me how I know). I also benefit from my full face at HPDEs. Especially when the wind is strong from the side and a lot of dust gets kicked up. You dont want stuff in your eyes coming into the braking zone for turn 1 (or any turn for that matter). And then you also have the advertised reasons for getting a full face helmet..

Just my two cents after I ended up buying two helmets.

Thread Information