Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2009) NCC Autocross Event #4 - July 11 @ Summit Point Motorsports Park - Page 4
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: (2009) NCC Autocross Event #4 - July 11 @ Summit Point Motorsports Park

Please remember that we can revisit the classing system after the season is completed if there's a need to revise or if competitors feel something is "unfair". (We can't make changes mid-season.) We ask everyone to write down and/or save their suggestions, then present those suggestions during our annual autocross meeting. Our program is built and maintained by our members and everyone who shows up has a voice at the meeting.

So, in saying, I ask that, instead of bashing the current rules, you direct your efforts into a written plan to create a better ruleset. Then and only then will we be able to evaluate these suggestions at the annual meeting as a club.

Thanks for your understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by RedMS3 View Post
    True, just thought I'd point it out since it was another chapter I don't mind getting classed into XR. I'm curious as to whether the MX-5 that is current running XR is on stock tires or not, now.

Hey, we have to make up for the lack of AWD
    AWD only really helps when it rains

And looking back at the last few events (albeit on wet course), the XR MX-5 doesn't look competitive...we'll see. I'm more worried about the s2000 and all the people who haven't signed up yet (the Cobras, vettes, etc).....

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    Please remember that we can revisit the classing system after the season is completed if there's a need to revise or if competitors feel something is "unfair". (We can't make changes mid-season.) We ask everyone to write down and/or save their suggestions, then present those suggestions during our annual autocross meeting. Our program is built and maintained by our members and everyone who shows up has a voice at the meeting.

So, in saying, I ask that, instead of bashing the current rules, you direct your efforts into a written plan to create a better ruleset. Then and only then will we be able to evaluate these suggestions at the annual meeting as a club.

The tire rule.....It's a fine tradeoff to all the silliness that I have to deal with building to SCCA rules. Simple is better, always.

It's only my first season autocrossing, but I hope the event you guys put on hasn't spoiled my future experiences with other groups as it has been great thus far and I look forward to the 11th.

I look to learn a lot and I apologize if my inquiries came off as bashing the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by RedMS3 View Post
    I look to learn a lot and I apologize if my inquiries came off as bashing the rules.
    Consider my previous post a nudge to get more involved with our autocross program, nothing more. We're always looking for dedicated (and concerned) individuals to take our program to the next level. See me at the next event if you're interested in helping to advance our program.

With regards to rules:

I think tire compound limitations/treadwear limitations are the least of your worries and quite frankly won't be an equalizer in X class. Keep in mind that X class is a catch-all class that in itself is not all that fair as there are no segments to delineate car models, level of modification etc... So even if you had tires to be eligible for XS you still have other issues like competing with cars that would not normally be grouped with you in other organizations let alone the level of modifications each car may or may not have.

As this is a BMW club the classing structure is designed for BMWs to have the maximum level of competition. The Autocrossing committee years ago set up the structure initially so that it allowed Non BMW owners to attend our events. As to whether this structure will change in the future, I cannot say as I am no longer the chairman but the future chairman (the person who takes over for Jonathan and Bogdan) can revisit it during their tenor.

With that being said, I wouldn't worry about X class being a measure of competitiveness as to the unlimited nature of modifications that X class allows. If you want to measure your performance curve, find someone you are relatively close to in times and see if you are closing the gap with them over the year.

I'm in X class now and I'm not too concerned about it as I don't run to be competitive but just to have fun. Initially, I never expected to be competitive in X as my car has it's engine in the wrong end, is on original suspension and is over 10 year old at this point. Are people closing the gap with me in my class as the season progresses? Sure, but that's a good thing. We are here to help people get faster and have fun. That's the main objective in our events is to enjoy the day, shoot the stuff with your buddies and have some fun zipping around cones.
    NCC

Quote Originally Posted by bmw_matt View Post
    Just FYI if it matters, the very first person; Emir, has a 2009 330ci listed....it's ...uh... kinda impossible
    That's me ..I am sure I put 2001 when I signed up, or ....may be not, I signed up around mid-night so it's possible I mistyped . I saw that too but I just didn't want to bother Jonathan too much, I figured that I'd correct it when I register at the event.

Here's the list with numbers, as promised.
    I saw Zach Pullins (#126) signed up, he is our chapter President isn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by ea-sport View Post
    That's me ..I am sure I put 2001 when I signed up, or ....may be not, I signed up around mid-night so it's possible I mistyped . I saw that too but I just didn't want to bother Jonathan too much, I figured that I'd correct it when I register at the event.
    Corrected in the database and will be reflected with the next list.

It is much easier to correct before the event than at the event.

Quote Originally Posted by ea-sport View Post
    I saw Zach Pullins (#126) signed up, he is our chapter President isn't he?
    Correct. I believe that this is his first time autocrossing.

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
    Woody,

The non-BMW category's threshold for R-comp vs. Street tire is 210 treadwear. That puts most extreme summer tires into R-comp class.

XS - Non-BMW's w/ 210+ treadwear rating tires.

XR - Non-BMW's w/ no tire restrictions.
    Wow. When where did that crazy rule come from?
    Maybe a little parody between rule sets for next year?

(It matters not to me. I run 210<* tires.)
    Last edited by phenryiv1; 07-01-2009 at 08:28 AM.

Referencing a post that (for some reason) had to be approved by a moderator (maybe because I was using a multi-quote):

I had neglected to read the posts on page 4. I see that has already been discussed.

Consider my previous post a nudge to get more involved with our autocross program, nothing more. We're always looking for dedicated (and concerned) individuals to take our program to the next level. See me at the next event if you're interested in helping to advance our program.

Hmm, I may have to take you up on that offer. I just have to make sure I don't get in too much trouble with the g/f...

Considering that you know everything, I assume that you're going to take over classing next year?
    Obviously, knowing everything has nothing to do with classing. It's an art.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

I'm in X class now and I'm not too concerned about it as I don't run to be competitive but just to have fun. Initially, I never expected to be competitive in X as my car has it's engine in the wrong end, is on original suspension and is over 10 year old at this point. .
    yeah, your car is terrible. we should trade

Thread Information