Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2009) NCC Autocross Event #4 - July 11 @ Summit Point Motorsports Park - Page 21
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: (2009) NCC Autocross Event #4 - July 11 @ Summit Point Motorsports Park

I can't tell http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?o...=41&Itemid=166, but I would say no it won't bump you up. Check out the M3 RTAB's while you are replacing some rubber
    BMW ZHP

I replied, but a mod needs to review it?

and looking at the rules, I now believe it would bump you to the Tuner class
    Last edited by vI6ious; 07-14-2009 at 09:29 AM.
    BMW ZHP

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyj View Post
    Anyone got an answer to my question??? I need to replace these control arm bushings asap but I am waiting to order until I know for sure I will not be bumped up a class if I get poly, thanks!
    Technically replacing the FCAB's with aftermarket like polyurethane is not stock and that puts you in the "Tuner" class.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    If anyone knows the driver of car 256 - Emmerling, Max - please inform him that he's responsible to ensure his passengers do not have handheld cameras.

Please see this post - http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/showthread.php?t=5115
    And this FAQ - http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?v...faq&Itemid=154
    Lol max's GF.

Quote Originally Posted by bmw_matt View Post
    Technically replacing the FCAB's with aftermarket like polyurethane is not stock and that puts you in the "Tuner" class..
    That's correct.

Quote Originally Posted by irish44j View Post
    meh, I've now run exactly 3 autocrosses in an AWD/turbo car. I'm still getting used to the tail rotating and no low torque (coming out of FWD/v6). Not to mention learning how to setup an entirely different suspension arrangement.

I was surprised at how fast you were actually...I figured you'd have the edge in dry weather but that I could take you in the wet. Guess I was wrong
    What was your previous car? I came from an '03 GLI (first car) that had some good power for a 2.8L VR6 (200HP, 195ftlb) and I do miss the lower end torque of the NA. I never had the chance to do any sort of racing with it, though.

The course designs at Summit Point work well to my advantage for the MS3 because it keeps me in the power band and I can keep the car in 2nd. Sykesville was completely different for me and it was a good learning experience. I am excited (and worried) to tackle it again on Aug 8.

To those posting videos:

They're great additions and I like to watch other people to see what lines they take. I try to remember what I can about the lines that I take and compare them to others.

Quote Originally Posted by RedMS3 View Post
    What was your previous car? I came from an '03 GLI (first car) that had some good power for a 2.8L VR6 (200HP, 195ftlb) and I do miss the lower end torque of the NA. I never had the chance to do any sort of racing with it, though.

The course designs at Summit Point work well to my advantage for the MS3 because it keeps me in the power band and I can keep the car in 2nd. Sykesville was completely different for me and it was a good learning experience. I am excited (and worried) to tackle it again on Aug 8.

To those posting videos:

They're great additions and I like to watch other people to see what lines they take. I try to remember what I can about the lines that I take and compare them to others.
    Previous car was a 2000 Maxima with a 3.0 V6 with all the bolt-ons, full suspension, chassis bracing, big wilwoods, and 255 rubber. It was still a boat, but was putting down about 210tq to the wheels at 3500 rpms, so it had some grunt in lowrange.

Previous car was a 2000 Maxima with a 3.0 V6 with all the bolt-ons, full suspension, chassis bracing, big wilwoods, and 255 rubber. It was still a boat, but was putting down about 210tq to the wheels at 3500 rpms, so it had some grunt in lowrange.
    To chime in: Irish used to beat my 2003 maxima with the VQ35, coilovers, front strut tower brace, big brake kit, and other stuff. His car was really well set up.

What traction control?

Quote Originally Posted by gbauer View Post
    To chime in: Irish used to beat my 2003 maxima with the VQ35, coilovers, front strut tower brace, big brake kit, and other stuff. His car was really well set up.
    didn't it also beat the M-p3nor at its autocross debut last year?

now i miss it again

It was always fun beating the random STi or M3 or RX8 with my land-yacht grocery-getter .... but alas it couldn't really get any faster and never took a 1st in class, only 2nds

Last edited by irish44j; 07-14-2009 at 06:01 PM.

Pete what the heck happened? You waxed us the last two events at TSP, I figured that it would be better to wait until they get the drainage sorted out before I try it there again, even when it isn't raining there seems to be a problem with standing water.
    How is the grip on dry pavement? Were there any off course mishaps with the dry pavement? I have heard there are some slick areas even when it is dry. I guess that I will have to give it another shot and pray that there is no rain that week. For now I will be looking forward to Sykesville, that is my favorite venue; no poles, good grip and my tires don't look like hamburger at the end of the day.

didn't it also beat the M-p3nor at its autocross debut last year?

now i miss it again

It was always fun beating the random STi or M3 or RX8 with my land-yacht grocery-getter .... but alas it couldn't really get any faster and never took a 1st in class, only 2nds
    I bet that car would have faired really well at all 3 events at Summit Point this season, being a boat and all...

I bet that car would have faired really well at all 3 events at Summit Point this season, being a boat and all...
    hey, only I'm allowed to call it that!

Katie, are your pics posted someplace?

lol!

What traction control?

Well aside from my first run being called off course when it wasn't, it was a pretty good day. Of course my first run was the only dry one as it then began raining, so my last three runs were extremely wet. When I'm called off course is my time even recorded or just thrown out?

---------------2009 XS 2nd place, 2010 X3 3rd place, 2011 X3 Champion---------------
    --------------------5-speed, Full DE-K Swap, 205 whp 199 wtq SAE----------------------
    -----------------Enkei RPM2-235/45/17 Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 & A/S+-----------------

Quote Originally Posted by 95Maxrider View Post
    Well aside from my first run being called off course when it wasn't, it was a pretty good day. Of course my first run was the only dry one as it then began raining, so my last three runs were extremely wet. When I'm called off course is my time even recorded or just thrown out?
    I watched you all the way around on your first run when I was working and did not see you go off course nor did I hear an off-course call on the radio. I only remember this because since I know you, I definitely would have remembered since I would have had to make fun of you

IIRC I even commented to the guy working with me that you had a nice run that looked fast.....but we couldn't see the times from our position.

unfortunately, the only thing my memory (plus 75 cents) will get you is a can of Coke.
    Last edited by irish44j; 07-14-2009 at 09:08 PM.

Thread Information