Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2009) NCC Autocross Event #4 - July 11 @ Summit Point Motorsports Park - Page 17
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: (2009) NCC Autocross Event #4 - July 11 @ Summit Point Motorsports Park

Quote Originally Posted by irish44j View Post
    excellent, can't wait! I saw your buddy pointing the camera at me on every run (he was down right before the center box, IIRC), so hopefully he pressed the little button. I even put the HIDs and yellow fogs on to look pretty for him and blind him into not realizing that I wasn't a BMW
    What car are you again?

Edit: you must be the black WRX, i do remember the HIDs, (i read your signature). I saw a pic of your car coming towards the camera, throwing up sheets of water, HIDs ablaze....

Quote Originally Posted by iamsam View Post
    What car are you again?
    black 09 WRX #244 that looks like a Corolla S with a hood scoop

Woody, that's cool of you to call yourself out like that. I was actually working near that gate at the time and thought I remembered a blue M coupe missing it (there were only 2 people that cleanly missed gates there while I was working). I did radio it in after the guys without the radio nearer to the gate signaled, but there was some funky stuff going on with my radio and no idea if anyone heard it. When I saw you had FTD in a blue M coupe I glanced at your times and didn't see a DNF there, but didn't really think it was my place to call you out or "report" it since I wasn't 100% sure if it was you or not.

+1 for honesty.
    I was working that section during the runs for group 2A and I called out about 3-4 cars for missing that last gate. I think I recall calling a blue M coupe out for missing the last left but we didn't have a radio to call it in so I told the course workers across from us. I think I'll bring my own radio next time and it might be a good idea to have the course workers write things down in addition to calling them in. I know I'll be doing that and kudos for the honesty.

good, that'll probably be my only 1st in class in this car, since in SCCA I have to run in STU with the heavy-modded Evos and STis
    ha, if that's meant to suggest that I will finish ahead of you, I don't that'll happen very often. I'm a noob and therefore inconsistent :P

Quote Originally Posted by RedMS3 View Post
    ha, if that's meant to suggest that I will finish ahead of you, I don't that'll happen very often. I'm a noob and therefore inconsistent :P
    meh, I've now run exactly 3 autocrosses in an AWD/turbo car. I'm still getting used to the tail rotating and no low torque (coming out of FWD/v6). Not to mention learning how to setup an entirely different suspension arrangement.

I was surprised at how fast you were actually...I figured you'd have the edge in dry weather but that I could take you in the wet. Guess I was wrong

What car are you again?

Edit: you must be the black WRX, i do remember the HIDs, (i read your signature). I saw a pic of your car coming towards the camera, throwing up sheets of water, HIDs ablaze....
    you don't know how many events I go to where somehow no good pics of my car (this one and others) are taken....so just one awesome shot....the expectations get me giddy as a schoolgirl

Quote Originally Posted by agreatham View Post
    I was working that section during the runs for group 2A and I called out about 3-4 cars for missing that last gate. I think I recall calling a blue M coupe out for missing the last left but we didn't have a radio to call it in so I told the course workers across from us. I think I'll bring my own radio next time and it might be a good idea to have the course workers write things down in addition to calling them in. I know I'll be doing that and kudos for the honesty.
    Yeah, we were the ones across from you with the radio. But because we had to watch cones on our right, left, and ahead of us I didn't always see you guys signal a cone or didn't know whether it was a missed gate or cone hit. The guy with me was a 1st-timer so he wasn't really quick on the response. I had to run to put up almost all our cones while yelling the report on the radio

you don't know how many events I go to where somehow no good pics of my car (this one and others) are taken....so just one awesome shot....the expectations get me giddy as a schoolgirl

Just because you are giddy i will give you a teaser:

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    Jonathan and all,
    At the SCCA AX today at FedEx Field it was really nice having so many people congratulating me on taking FTD Saturday. It's the first time in a long time. Unfortunately, that is not the correct result. The 56.190 was on my second run when I missed a gate, and should have been called "off-course". It happened on that middle road through the middle skidpad. There were 3 gates in succession and they could almost be taken in a constant arc to set up for the left turn at the end. My arc was a little too tight and I was looking a little too far ahead. The result was I missed that third gate. I can even prove it with my in-car video.

And what's with the Toyota in Showroom 1 and Mustang in Showroom 2?

Anyway, great job with the event under trying circumstances! And thanks for getting the results posted so quick. I'm hoping everyone will have a chance to read the results BEFORE you make the correction.

btw, Noel Leslie, Joe Brannon, and Clint Boyd all beat me at the SCCA event today.
    Woody
    Thank you for your honesty Woody. I won't correct the results for a day or so as to let you have some glory

I think this means that Scott Blair will actually have FTD.

Now if I didn't hit that stinkin cone on my 3rd run ... (55.470+1)

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    Thank you for your honesty Woody. I won't correct the results for a day or so as to let you have some glory

I think this means that Scott Blair will actually have FTD.

Now if I didn't hit that stinkin cone on my 3rd run ... (55.470+1)
    And I'm pretty sure if I could have put all the sections together better, I could have squeezed a high 54 out of it at the minimum.

Looking forward to seeing the photos. Can't say how much I appreciate them!

the entire PM event. You were in the PM session, right?

yessir! impatiently waiting

can't wait for the next one with good weather...
    BMW ZHP

Quote Originally Posted by vI6ious View Post
    can't wait for the next one with good weather...
    shouldve stayed sir. missed out on the course lake lol.

Speaking of using the radios... During PM 1st half, one of the radio's were stuck "ON" and locking up the channels. The corner worker turned it off and then back on and that cleared the problem.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    And I'm pretty sure if I could have put all the sections together better, I could have squeezed a high 54 out of it at the minimum.
    Surely Saturday was a case of the dust being terrified of your exhaust note and clearing the hell out of the way.

Thread Information