Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2009) NCC Autocross Event #4 - July 11 @ Summit Point Motorsports Park - Page 16
Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: (2009) NCC Autocross Event #4 - July 11 @ Summit Point Motorsports Park

look back a few pages, a link to the results is posted.

Aside from the few pics I posted, i haven't seen any others put up yet.

Quote Originally Posted by gbauer View Post
    If I drove other people's prepped cars, I'd put down better times too!
    I would not call 300 treadwear street tires on 7.5" rims and stock Legacy GT struts with Tein H-Tech springs (on the front only) on an otherwise bone-stock car as "prepped."

Particularly when (as Josh mentioned) it is almost 3300 lb. and pushed by only 170 rated HP.

But it is still a blast to drive!

Looking back at my previous posts since the even concluded, I noticed that I missed something...

Thanks to the organizers for putting another fun event. It was an interesting time with the weather, but I had a lot of fun again.

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    Jonathan and all,
    At the SCCA AX today at FedEx Field it was really nice having so many people congratulating me on taking FTD Saturday. It's the first time in a long time. Unfortunately, that is not the correct result. The 56.190 was on my second run when I missed a gate, and should have been called "off-course". It happened on that middle road through the middle skidpad. There were 3 gates in succession and they could almost be taken in a constant arc to set up for the left turn at the end. My arc was a little too tight and I was looking a little too far ahead. The result was I missed that third gate. I can even prove it with my in-car video.

And what's with the Toyota in Showroom 1 and Mustang in Showroom 2?

Anyway, great job with the event under trying circumstances! And thanks for getting the results posted so quick. I'm hoping everyone will have a chance to read the results BEFORE you make the correction.

btw, Noel Leslie, Joe Brannon, and Clint Boyd all beat me at the SCCA event today.
    Woody
    Woody, that's cool of you to call yourself out like that. I was actually working near that gate at the time and thought I remembered a blue M coupe missing it (there were only 2 people that cleanly missed gates there while I was working). I did radio it in after the guys without the radio nearer to the gate signaled, but there was some funky stuff going on with my radio and no idea if anyone heard it. When I saw you had FTD in a blue M coupe I glanced at your times and didn't see a DNF there, but didn't really think it was my place to call you out or "report" it since I wasn't 100% sure if it was you or not.

+1 for honesty.

Quote Originally Posted by vI6ious View Post
    Rolled out after two runs.
    It was a pleasure working for you.

Quote Originally Posted by RedMS3 View Post
    Looking back at my previous posts since the even concluded, I noticed that I missed something...

Thanks to the organizers for putting another fun event. It was an interesting time with the weather, but I had a lot of fun again.
    damn, I was hoping you were gonna say you missed a gate and that's how you knocked 2 seconds off your time and beat me

I did get a pic of your car though....

Last edited by irish44j; 07-12-2009 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phenryiv1 View Post
    I would not call 300 treadwear street tires on 7.5" rims and stock Legacy GT struts with Tein H-Tech springs (on the front only) on an otherwise bone-stock car as "prepped."

Particularly when (as Josh mentioned) it is almost 3300 lb. and pushed by only 170 rated HP.

But it is still a blast to drive!

hey, you know those front H-techs really put it SEVERAL levels above an M Coupe in the performance category....I mean, it's almost not a fair fight at all

Quote Originally Posted by BradMW View Post
    It was a pleasure working for you.
    thank you for that vote of confidence...
    BMW ZHP

Quote Originally Posted by irish44j View Post
    damn, I was hoping you were gonna say you missed a gate and that's how you knocked 2 seconds off your time and beat me

I did get a pic of your car though....
    hahaha, sorry to disappoint. When I saw the time, I thought something was wrong. But when I looked at my 3rd run's time, it made sense. I got a little worried on my last run because there was a little dip or something in the track near your station. I was carrying a lot of speed through the chicago-box/sweeper and got a little bumpsteer (at least it felt that way). Thought I was going to go straight into the last of the three straight gates, but thankfully my car regained grip.

Thanks for the pic of my car, although I'm sitting there texting, lol.

hahaha, sorry to disappoint. When I saw the time, I thought something was wrong. But when I looked at my 3rd run's time, it made sense. I got a little worried on my last run because there was a little dip or something in the track near your station. I was carrying a lot of speed through the chicago-box/sweeper and got a little bumpsteer (at least it felt that way). Thought I was going to go straight into the last of the three straight gates, but thankfully my car regained grip.

Thanks for the pic of my car, although I'm sitting there texting, lol.
    That dip was actually a slick spot for everyone, it was where the new drain line had been paved over and it collected alot of water in it. I slipped sideways on it every time. By my 3rd/4th runs I had actually figured out how to hit it and time the throttle correctly to help throw the tail to the right and set me up for the left-hander better, so it was actually agood thing once I got used to it

On a non-related note, I thought you had switched to XR due to the RE050s you were running (aren't those like 150 treadwear?)....not that I care, since if you move to XR that puts you ahead of me for 1st place in class :P

No pics of it here...I was working/driving and didn't think to take any, but I'm sure someone did. there was a guy out there with a nice camera taking pics of the entire afternoon..
    My friend Nick LaBrant who came with me to the event used my camera and took over 870 pics of the entire PM session. Nick and I still have to go through them and watermark them, sort them, delete bad ones etc and we will upload them and post the link in this thread. I would say he got pics of everyone's car, and pretty good ones at that.

Quote Originally Posted by TopGear View Post
    Does anybody have photos from the third heat? I was driving the yellow S2000, and would love to have a picture or two from the event!
    We have a-plenty o' pics of your S2000!! and some good ones of you putting up some sheets of water coming through the finish line!

Quote Originally Posted by CWestinRSX View Post
    had a great time with you all. i was the guy with the black acura rsx. does anyone have pictures of the entire event?
    the entire PM event. You were in the PM session, right?

Quote Originally Posted by adg44 View Post
    If anyone has some photos of the S5 running the course that I could use for publication, please let me know. I will be sure to give you credit for the photos.
    Do have many photos of your SWEET S5. The photographer (Nick) is quite the Audi fan.

hoping like hell someone has a photo someplace of me taking that turn, since it was in prime photo spot!
    We got pics! will upload in the next few days! stay tuned!

That dip was actually a slick spot for everyone, it was where the new drain line had been paved over and it collected alot of water in it. I slipped sideways on it every time. By my 3rd/4th runs I had actually figured out how to hit it and time the throttle correctly to help throw the tail to the right and set me up for the left-hander better, so it was actually agood thing once I got used to it

On a non-related note, I thought you had switched to XR due to the RE050s you were running (aren't those like 150 treadwear?)....not that I care, since if you move to XR that puts you ahead of me for 1st place in class :P
    Ah, so that's what that was! I only remember hitting it on my last run because I was more timid with speed with the other runs at that point and my line through that section wasn't utilizing the width of the lane.

I had requested to be moved, but it looks like it didn't happen before the event. I'm registering XR for the next event due to the treadwear rating on my tires (140 for RE05A).

Whoever drives that super loud grey RX-8 that backfires continuously, Nick took an EPIC shot with the flames coming from your tailpipes full blast and reflected in the water you were driving through.

just a teaser

Quote Originally Posted by iamsam View Post
    My friend Nick LaBrant who came with me to the event used my camera and took over 870 pics of the entire PM session. Nick and I still have to go through them and watermark them, sort them, delete bad ones etc and we will upload them and post the link in this thread. I would say he got pics of everyone's car, and pretty good ones at that.

We have a-plenty o' pics of your S2000!! and some good ones of you putting up some sheets of water coming through the finish line!

the entire PM event. You were in the PM session, right?

Do have many photos of your SWEET S5. The photographer (Nick) is quite the Audi fan.

We got pics! will upload in the next few days! stay tuned!
    excellent, can't wait! I saw your buddy pointing the camera at me on every run (he was down right before the center box, IIRC), so hopefully he pressed the little button. I even put the HIDs and yellow fogs on to look pretty for him and blind him into not realizing that I wasn't a BMW

Ah, so that's what that was! I only remember hitting it on my last run because I was more timid with speed with the other runs at that point and my line through that section wasn't utilizing the width of the lane.

I had requested to be moved, but it looks like it didn't happen before the event. I'm registering XR for the next event due to the treadwear rating on my tires (140 for RE05A).
    good, that'll probably be my only 1st in class in this car, since in SCCA I have to run in STU with the heavy-modded Evos and STis

Thread Information