Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2009) NCC Autocross Event #4 - July 11 @ Summit Point Motorsports Park - Page 12
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: (2009) NCC Autocross Event #4 - July 11 @ Summit Point Motorsports Park

Great event. Thanks to all who worked so hard to put it together!

My son and I had a great time. He was smiling from ear to ear. He did great for a 17yr old. Better to learn to drive like this in a controlled environment.

We're looking forward to the next event.

Quote Originally Posted by gbauer View Post
    Jason won't even drive his own car. If I drove other people's prepped cars, I'd put down better times too!

BTW: my suspension is 115,000 miles of 100% stock.
    1. wait, are you making excuses before even seeing the times?
    2. whose fault is that that you don't maintain your car?
    3. upgrading power but not suspension = fail
    4. pretty sure an M Roadster suspension with 115,000 miles is still quite a ways superior to a stock Subaru suspension with 10,000 miles. Seriously.

And uh.......Pat's car isn't "prepped"...it's a 170hp, non-turbo legacy...bone stock except the wheels and on street tires. My 4Runner would beat it in a drag race.

Maybe it's time you trade the M in for something more to suit your driving speed...(no offense to its owner, looked like it was fun!)

(now really hoping my times were better than yours)

Last edited by irish44j; 07-11-2009 at 07:43 PM.

That's nothing. The rest of the track is dry for crying out loud! No excuses there.
    That was the 4th heat.. the third heat was SOAKED, and my dry runs were lost due to botched timing (one run), and botched driving (the other)... I didn't get a single timed lap in the dry! #*$%&... what a day.

A lot of people "disappeared" from the 3rd heat, and not many were left for working the course during the 4th heat. Thanks guys...

^^ THAT.

And yeah, after the 3rd heat workers had to stand out there FOREVER and get soaked too...then half the 4th heat workers just bailed and rolled out. Even the ones who finished their runs after the rain. Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by irish44j View Post
    1. wait, are you making excuses before even seeing the times?
    2. whose fault is that that you don't maintain your car?
    3. upgrading power but not suspension = fail
    4. pretty sure an M Roadster suspension with 115,000 miles is still quite a ways superior to a stock Subaru suspension with 10,000 miles. Seriously.

1. Yes.
    2. Obama and Bush. Damn economy!
    3. What I did was either very cheap or free.
    4. Probably.

What traction control?

don't make me bust out umbrella pictures. btw, could have used your umbrella today.

BTW, the umbrella propped up on my gear to try to keep it dry apparently decided to blow away while I was drivign and was nowhere to be found when I went to pack up. So if someone found a black umbrella with a gold logo (Newport News Shipbuilding)....well, actually you can just have it unless I see you at another event :/

don't make me bust out umbrella pictures. btw, could have used your umbrella today.

BTW, the umbrella propped up on my gear to try to keep it dry apparently decided to blow away while I was drivign and was nowhere to be found when I went to pack up. So if someone found a black umbrella with a gold logo (Newport News Shipbuilding)....well, actually you can just have it unless I see you at another event :/

That sucks...I actually saw a black one in the middle of the paddock lane just before the rain hit as I was rolling up my windows...I think another bimmer driver picked it up. I'll PM you.

Anyways...I was lucky enough to find a tick near my near when I got home. I was wearing pants!

Does anybody have photos from the third heat? I was driving the yellow S2000, and would love to have a picture or two from the event!

Quote Originally Posted by TopGear View Post
    Does anybody have photos from the third heat? I was driving the yellow S2000, and would love to have a picture or two from the event!
    unfortunately I ws working the course when you were running. I only managd to sneak one pic while working .

I think there was a "real" photographer-type there taking pics of everyone though. At least it looked like it, so I would just check back in a day or two and see if anyone has an album posted up.

unfortunately I ws working the course when you were running. I only managd to sneak one pic while working .

I think there was a "real" photographer-type there taking pics of everyone though. At least it looked like it, so I would just check back in a day or two and see if anyone has an album posted up.
    Katie and Mark will have them up. Both have uber-cameras and take a ton of pics.

What traction control?

ugh...that was the longest afternoon session in the history of autocross. I just got home 15 minutes ago and only live about an hour from the track :P
    No way...I win. I got home around 8:15 and it only took me an hour to get home. There were still guys there when I left but they were going to head down to karting.

It was an interesting downpour...and some serious lightning for a few minutes. There was one exceedingly close one that sent me running for the Sequoia (rather than standing under a metal frame tent). I did manage to get pics in the afternoon after the rain...think I got everyone that stayed but I'm not going to guarantee it. I'll probably have them up tomorrow.

The display wasn't up for the afternoon for the most part because it doesn't get along with water. Right before the downpour we put it away and then didn't get it back out in case of more rain. Same thing with the mic. So who's going to come up with the t-shirt design saying "I survived Lake Summit"?

~Katie

Quote Originally Posted by TopGear View Post
    I tdo...I'm pretty sure I got one of you.

Katie and Mark will have them up. Both have uber-cameras and take a ton of pics.
    Hehe...uber-cameras...that's funny...

~Katie

Quote Originally Posted by KatieT View Post
    No way...I win. I got home around 8:15 and it only took me an hour to get home. There were still guys there when I left but they were going to head down to karting.

It was an interesting downpour...and some serious lightning for a few minutes. There was one exceedingly close one that sent me running for the Sequoia (rather than standing under a metal frame tent). I did manage to get pics in the afternoon after the rain...think I got everyone that stayed but I'm not going to guarantee it. I'll probably have them up tomorrow.

The display wasn't up for the afternoon for the most part because it doesn't get along with water. Right before the downpour we put it away and then didn't get it back out in case of more rain. Same thing with the mic. So who's going to come up with the t-shirt design saying "I survived Lake Summit"?

~Katie
    lol...that close bolt scared the crap out of me...I was about 10 feet from getting to my car in the middle of the lot when it hit.

removed by gbauer. You know why...
    Last edited by gbauer; 07-11-2009 at 09:00 PM.

I got a quick question about the ride-along:

How do they work? Does the person riding along sit and observe for the first run and then suggests changes or do they make comments while driving? Just wondering because I am interested in having one at the next event

Thread Information