Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2009) NCC Autocross Event #4 - July 11 @ Summit Point Motorsports Park - Page 11
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: (2009) NCC Autocross Event #4 - July 11 @ Summit Point Motorsports Park

ugh...that was the longest afternoon session in the history of autocross. I just got home 15 minutes ago and only live about an hour from the track :P

you morning guys missed out on driving through the swimming pool for the first 50 feet of the course in the aftenoon

Quote Originally Posted by jbrannon7 View Post

This course was slicker than snot on a doorknob. Couldn't accelerate, brake or turn. Even as slow as I was going some places I would just slide straight along.
    if you thought that was slick, you should have stayed for the afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by jbrannon7 View Post
    Here are some videos, first vid is runs 1 thru 4 and the second is run 5. Don't know why the first video stops where it does.

This course was slicker than snot on a doorknob. Couldn't accelerate, brake or turn. Even as slow as I was going some places I would just slide straight along. You can see how dirty the course was for those of us in the first heat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDZ30zE9B4A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARbYDbt6dyo

Joe
    What's this? No water? That's not the course I drove! haha...

As a side note...it seems that I may have contributed to littering. A friend of mine left a water bottle in my car during the rain and I noticed it in the paddock. I tossed it in the grass and forgot to get it when I was finished. As penance, I pledge to pick up at least two items of trash at the next event.

Great! We morning people FINALLY got the advantage!

Pics of said lake? With the drainage they put in it couldn't have been that bad. I bet you guys are just whiners.

BTW: it looked like it was going to rain in Frederick but never did. Dry as a bone. I really think you guys are lying about this whole rain thing just to come up with an excuse for slow times.

What traction control?

Quote Originally Posted by gbauer View Post

Pics of said lake? With the drainage they put in it couldn't have been that bad. I bet you guys are just whiners.

BTW: it looked like it was going to rain in Frederick but never did. Dry as a bone. I really think you guys are lying about this whole rain thing just to come up with an excuse for slow times.
    The rest of the course drained pretty well, but immediately from the start to the 2nd gate it was a lake...ala event #2. I mean, i don't care personally, but I saw alot of spinning drive wheels at start

No pics of it here...I was working/driving and didn't think to take any, but I'm sure someone did. there was a guy out there with a nice camera taking pics of the entire afternoon..

George, it will be even funnier when my time in the rain beats your time dry

It was only really the start and the finish. The start was wet and there was a large puddle that extended through the first 2 or 3 gates. The finish was completely under water and several people spun out or understeered and plowed finish line cones. Other than those two trouble spots, the track wasn't too bad. The rain may have washed off some of the dirt you guys had to deal with in the AM.

I'm sure others will post some pictures and/or videos of the PM session. I think the 1st heat got in 2 runs before the intense rain storm hit...should have heard some of the lightning out there.

Quote Originally Posted by irish44j View Post
    The rest of the course drained pretty well, but immediately from the start to the 2nd gate it was a lake...ala event #2. I mean, i don't care personally, but I saw alot of spinning drive wheels at start

No pics of it here...I was working/driving and didn't think to take any, but I'm sure someone did. there was a guy out there with a nice camera taking pics of the entire afternoon..

George, it will be even funnier when my time in the rain beats your time dry
    What was your best time then?

61.345 here

What traction control?

Here are a few of the pics I took....didn't take very many.

Quote Originally Posted by RedMS3 View Post
    I think the 1st heat got in 2 runs before the intense rain storm hit...should have heard some of the lightning out there.

Yep. That sums it up for me.

What traction control?

What was your best time then?

61.345 here
    don't know...the timing display sign wan't out after the storm (wonder if it broke) and times weren't being announced. I don't think anyone from the 4th heat knows their times. So I'll let you know as soon as they're posted.

Nick and Jason both beat you, do know that.

george, here's some water for you..

george, here's some water for you..
    That's nothing. The rest of the track is dry for crying out loud! No excuses there.

What traction control?

Nick and Jason both beat you, do know that.
    Jason won't even drive his own car. If I drove other people's prepped cars, I'd put down better times too!

BTW: my suspension is 115,000 miles of 100% stock.

What traction control?

Thread Information