Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2009) NCC Autocross Event #4 - July 11 @ Summit Point Motorsports Park - Page 15
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: (2009) NCC Autocross Event #4 - July 11 @ Summit Point Motorsports Park

LOL. How the hell did my times get decent. Tthe entire time was a drift session for me. My tires sucked so bad I couldn't get any traction so I Just tried to push it to the max and see if I could control it. I'm surprised I didn't hit any cones the first 2 times. The last time was just me shifting from 2-1 to try and spin it. Fun times. Karting was a blast afterwards too

I hear ya about the the drift session! I was sliding almost the entire back half of the course.
    Chris
    98.5 ///M3 Coupe

Cosmos Racing | UUC | PBR | Ground Control | Koni | AA | Motion Motorsports | Vorshlag | THR | Prosport

Quote Originally Posted by RedMS3 View Post
    haha, you're right! Man, I remember seeing the S5 roll through the first gate and it didn't even look like he hit the cone to knock it over, a tidal wave took it out.
    Ah ha, so that is why two of my runs have +1 next to them. I know I didn't hit any cones, so the tidal wave from when I launched moved the cones at the starting gate? My last run shows 134 seconds, and I know that isn't correct!

I'm happy with 58.8 seconds though and 4th place. I will say that I thought Audi Drive Select was a waste of money, but putting it in Dynamic and seeing a 4,000 pound car have that kind of agility is just amazing.

If anyone has some photos of the S5 running the course that I could use for publication, please let me know. I will be sure to give you credit for the photos.

And Brad, the 911 is staying my 911 (not yours!) since I was two seconds faster than you.

- Anthony

can i bring a sifter kart.. did that about 5 years ago to a pca autocross and beat a 135 gt2 set up for autocross by about 20 seconds. smart car (wife first time) me caymans (first time in that car) mike

Quote Originally Posted by adg44 View Post
    Ah ha, so that is why two of my runs have +1 next to them. I know I didn't hit any cones, so the tidal wave from when I launched moved the cones at the starting gate? My last run shows 134 seconds, and I know that isn't correct!

I'm happy with 58.8 seconds though and 4th place. I will say that I thought Audi Drive Select was a waste of money, but putting it in Dynamic and seeing a 4,000 pound car have that kind of agility is just amazing.

If anyone has some photos of the S5 running the course that I could use for publication, please let me know. I will be sure to give you credit for the photos.

And Brad, the 911 is staying my 911 (not yours!) since I was two seconds faster than you.

- Anthony
    I'm still the better driver.

Quote Originally Posted by teamsimple View Post
    can i bring a sifter kart.. did that about 5 years ago to a pca autocross and beat a 135 gt2 set up for autocross by about 20 seconds. smart car (wife first time) me caymans (first time in that car) mike
    I wish you had.Would have been funny watching you try to go through that puddle at the start line

Thanks to everyone coming out to the event! Hope all of you had a good time despite changing conditions and some electrical charges in the air.

Here's a little video of the puddle at the first gate from the PM session:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qqkpz5xGjg

Jonathan: if you could, I should be in M4 since I didn't bring the E36 after all.

Quote Originally Posted by BradMW View Post
    Here is a list of reasons you should remove the +1 on my last run:

1) I will give you upwards of $12.
    2) I don't remember hitting it, therefore it never happened (I also use this as defense in paternity suits)
    3) I bet my friend his Porsche that I could beat his new S5 and I would have without this cone that never actually happened anyway... and that car has Quattro, an unfair advantage
    4) Automatic non-M convertible with nothing but tires, come on, I need love
    Sorry ... it's going to cost more than $12. Put a zero behind it and maybe we can talk. It was a valid cone call.

Quote Originally Posted by bmw_matt View Post
    LOL. How the hell did my times get decent. Tthe entire time was a drift session for me. My tires sucked so bad I couldn't get any traction so I Just tried to push it to the max and see if I could control it. I'm surprised I didn't hit any cones the first 2 times. The last time was just me shifting from 2-1 to try and spin it. Fun times. Karting was a blast afterwards too
    HA HA HA HA HA!

Our events are not set up for shifter karts currently. I have to see if our insurance even allows it.

just was washing out my wheel wells on the right side that were caked with mud from that last right-hander before the left to the finish. I guess I was taking a pretty aggressive line

hoping like hell someone has a photo someplace of me taking that turn, since it was in prime photo spot!

Quote Originally Posted by irish44j View Post
    removed by gbauer. You know why...
    actually I don't...you don't like umbrellas? If it's something about your plates being visible...uh, well it is in your signature too.
    Last edited by irish44j; 07-12-2009 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adg44 View Post
    ... I know I didn't hit any cones, so the tidal wave from when I launched moved the cones at the starting gate?...

- Anthony
    Actually, I was referring to the first gate after the starting gate. Your car was closer to the left cone than others I saw, but I'm not sure why the cone was knocked over during your runs as I didn't actually see your tire hit the cone. I was at the line after you went on one of your runs and to me, it looked like the cone just flopped over as you passed it. I could be wrong, though

BTW, awesome car.

was a good show until the rain rolled in. All the crap I had in my car that I left laying on the ground got soaked. Uh duh, why'd I bring all that? Rolled out after two runs.

ps first post...
    BMW ZHP

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    After completion of a really long day of autocross, I have preliminary results posted.

Please visit: http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?o...=55&Itemid=168

I'm sure a few changes will need made, so please don't hesitate to let me know.
    Jonathan and all,
    At the SCCA AX today at FedEx Field it was really nice having so many people congratulating me on taking FTD Saturday. It's the first time in a long time. Unfortunately, that is not the correct result. The 56.190 was on my second run when I missed a gate, and should have been called "off-course". It happened on that middle road through the middle skidpad. There were 3 gates in succession and they could almost be taken in a constant arc to set up for the left turn at the end. My arc was a little too tight and I was looking a little too far ahead. The result was I missed that third gate. I can even prove it with my in-car video.

And what's with the Toyota in Showroom 1 and Mustang in Showroom 2?

Anyway, great job with the event under trying circumstances! And thanks for getting the results posted so quick. I'm hoping everyone will have a chance to read the results BEFORE you make the correction.

btw, Noel Leslie, Joe Brannon, and Clint Boyd all beat me at the SCCA event today.
    Woody
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

E-P1 guy? heh, I missed when you left, wanted to take a look at that camera, ha. posting the pics/video from it anytime?

autocross event #4 times and pictures

does anyone know yet if the times and some pics have been posted up yet for the autocross if so where can i find them.

Thread Information