Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Mt. Washington Tavern for Future Socials

Thread: Mt. Washington Tavern for Future Socials

Mt. Washington Tavern for Future Socials

Hello everyone! I wanted to throw this out there to see if anyone is interested in having a Social at the Mt. Washington Tavern. I have spoken to Zach and Paul, and even had a few other members show interest. I really like Pub Dog, have no illusions, but as a newer member, I'd like to have something in Baltimore as well! I have spoken to the owner and he's fine with the idea. Mt. Washington Tavern holds many charity events, was voted Baltimore's 2008 "Best Pub" and has a lot of dining area, 4 bars, including SkyBar, their outdoor bar. Now, they do not have Speed Channel, but I would love to have some enthusiasts come up there to watch some F1 (next three races are on Fox) and any other races shown on non-Speed channels. I would really like to get an F1/ALMS/Koni/Indy enthusiast club going, if anyone's interested. Shoot me a message or email gixxer62002@yahoo.com! So..., make your case for the Mt. Washington Tavern - it would be a great place to have a Social!!

http://www.mtwashingtontavern.com

Cheers everyone!

Will Orr
    If you're not passing, GET OUT OF THE WAY.

It's a nice venue, but there's no parking.
    Supercharged '03 530
    Thinking about tracking down an e28 535is

Quote Originally Posted by JC5 View Post
    but there's no parking.
    And that's the big issue for just about any event in Baltimore. We've certainly left good venues lacking nothing but decent parking before.

Speaking for myself, I wouldn't be excited about driving into the city for a social (or much else, really).

Ont he other hand, I would really love to have club get togethers for race nights. Especially for series like F1, in which BMW (reputedly) participates in. I've never really figured out why we don't do this- but then I'm always surprised by the number of Bimmerheads who are unaware of F1.
    Andy Miller
    1995 Avusblau M3
    1997 Alaskablau 318ti M Sport

sounds like a great place, but the parking situation definitely is a big concern.

why not an F1 event there? i'd support whatever you'd like to pull together since there are plenty of F1 fans around
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Quote Originally Posted by MPWR View Post

Ont he other hand, I would really love to have club get togethers for race nights. Especially for series like F1, in which BMW (reputedly) participates in. I've never really figured out why we don't do this- but then I'm always surprised by the number of Bimmerheads who are unaware of F1.
    Now this sounds like fun.
    Supercharged '03 530

Well, I can certainly understand the parking concerns. If I could get that worked out, I'd let everyone know. As far as F1, and other race series, I am always down to watch and get together. (Sole reason I can't get rid of my cable). So far as I understand, the next three (including this weekend's) F1 races are on Fox. This weekend's race, the British GP, is on at 3pm. I will be at the Tavern at that time if anyone cares to join! Thanks for the replies!

Oooops! Scratch the meeting at the Tav - I will not be around this weekend. Everyone else catch the race though! There's an Indy race on Sunday as well...

I love the idea of a Baltimore GTG. How about a place that has parking, TVs, and good food and drink? There is Damons in Hunt Valley or by Glory Days Towson.
    Bob Hopkins
    M3 1997 Black "Vader"
    911 1986 Red "Baron"

Quote Originally Posted by Jenson Button View Post
    I love the idea of a Baltimore GTG. How about a place that has parking, TVs, and good food and drink? There is Damons in Hunt Valley or by Glory Days Towson.
    I agree. I like the Mt Washington area, but when Dante mentioned this at our table at the Pub Dawg event, my first thought was the lack of parking. As the new guy, I think one of the best parts of these gatherings is checking out all the bimmers. Gotta have parking, but I wouldn't mind something in Baltimore. Being in Elkridge, I'm right in between Baltimore and Columbia, so either one works for me.

I will think on the places to meet. There are alot of good bars around the Balto area, but I see how parking is a pain for most. Max's in Fells is a great taphouse with many TVs, but again, parking... Padonia Station? Bill Bateman's in Reisterstown? I will continue to scratch my head and get back to y'all...

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I will think on the places to meet. There are alot of good bars around the Balto area, but I see how parking is a pain for most. Max's in Fells is a great taphouse with many TVs, but again, parking... Padonia Station? Bill Bateman's in Reisterstown? I will continue to scratch my head and get back to y'all...
    cool, let us know what you find out
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Ok, so it's not in Baltimore City but...

Loonys Pub in Laurel, MD (Maple Lawn) has good parking IMO and a good neutral location between DC and Baltimore.

2009 ///M
    BMW CCA #: 420077
    NCC Plate: 0682

Is that by the Lowe's hardware store on Rt.1?
    Supercharged '03 530

Quote Originally Posted by JC5 View Post
    Is that by the Lowe's hardware store on Rt.1?
    If your asking me, no. It's off of RT 216 near RT 29.

2009 ///M
    BMW CCA #: 420077
    NCC Plate: 0682

mt washington tav

i live near there too are you still active on this website im a new member just wondering

Thread Information