Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Recommendations/concerns with RaceDeck garage floor

Thread: Recommendations/concerns with RaceDeck garage floor

Recommendations/concerns with RaceDeck garage floor

We're considering hiding our unsightly garage floor with RaceDeck flooring by SnapLock and wonder if any members have raves or concerns/complaints about this product. We'll be going with professional installation for a lot of reasons.

I'd love to hear from folks before we pull the trigger.
    09 328i, Nav, Cold Weather & Prem., Comfort Access
    09 535xi, Nav, Cold Weather & Prem., Sirius/XM

Epoxy is a lot more durable when done right.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

I have Racedeck...other members can comment on it as many have walked/worked on it.

It's nice because it goes in fast and you could put everything back on it that day. It's good to drive on and what not but you need to pay special attention when using jackstands so that you don't dig into the plastic. The tiles do become scratched over time, just like most floors. They clean up with a hose and a big brush, just use a household degreaser. I installed mine with a layer of mold resistant weed barrier you'd use in the garden. It helps remove the clack sound when you're walking on the deck. Great laying on it in the winter. Neighbors think it's cool!

I ordered mine from Costco Online, they oem it from Racedeck. I put a pattern in mine, but now regret using white tiles. It does look great when it's clean though.

Here are some pics:

Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Cary and I received the sample tile in the mail last week and decided it's not for us - especially at $1,300 bucks. I think we'll reconsider the epoxy flooring. Any comments, concerns for this type?? Let us know.
    09 328i, Nav, Cold Weather & Prem., Comfort Access
    09 535xi, Nav, Cold Weather & Prem., Sirius/XM

Quote Originally Posted by Swooz View Post
    Cary and I received the sample tile in the mail last week and decided it's not for us - especially at $1,300 bucks. I think we'll reconsider the epoxy flooring. Any comments, concerns for this type?? Let us know.
    That's what I have in my garage. Simply a PITA to put down. Get twice the amount it calls for as you'll most likely need to doublecoat. I put two base coats down and then a clear coat. You can still chip it off if you drop something heavy or use jackstands.

General Polymers

General Polymers is the industrial high performance coating wing of Sherwin Williams (who owns Duron) I spoke to my sales rep about what would handle my usage: hot dot r tires, jack stands, dropped wrenches, spilled oil, brake fluid, coolant, etc. His response was their Chip Resistant High Built Hangar Floor Epoxy Industrial Floor.

I am not going to claim this is a cheap alternative. Proper installation includes shot blasting the floor to create a profile, trowel applying an elastomeric primer coat, then applying coats of the finish epoxy. Abrasives can be added to the finish to add traction.

The result, if applied properly, is a bright durable thick surface that can be squeegee cleaned to remain brilliant. I recently saw this system in place in a new Black and Decker hanger at Martins and it was awesome! I have allowed my concrete to cure and am now waiting for a lull in business to get a crew out to Manor Motor Werks.
    Bob Hopkins
    M3 1997 Black "Vader"
    911 1986 Red "Baron"

Sometime it's good to have cars that leak oil.
    I don't need to worry about my garage floor until I buy a new car.
    And that ain't gonna happen.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Wolverine is what I helped a friend put down in his garage. (It's also what, among other things, BMW uses in some factories. If you've been to the Spartanburg plant, you've seen Wolverine.) Thus far, the stuff is DAMNED tough. The only thing thats damaged it is the angle grinder and a little bit of excessive enthusiasm. If you get the traction substrate, talk to me prior to install - the installation instructions were wrong and we worked out a different method that was a lot better.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

Thread Information