If any of you are still on the fence about the VIR GE event on the Sat & Sun following the Tri-Marque event, Dave Nugent, the registrar for MazdaDrivers is offering a discount for student who are referred by an instructor. I am offering to be that instructor. http://www.mazdadrivers.com/09_vir_j...streferral.htm

If you use my name, Dave will sweeten the deal. And then you get to heckle me as I will be your classroom instructor.

Four days at VIR and the last 2 on the GRAND EAST! It doesn't get any better than this.

If you haven't tried to tame the "Bitch" and the Spiral that follows it then you are in for a high "pucker factor" treat (a driver who can trail brake then throttle steer his or her way around a decreasing radius turn can single apex the Bitch, and close quickly on the majority of the slower, more conservative drivers who will double apex or rim shot the entrance. This turn allows the momentum cars to play with the high HP cars.) There is a turn just like T5 at Summit main at the bottom of that series of turns. Next comes the technical part of the Partiot (cut-across) course followed by a part of the North Course cross-over. The downhill Rollercoaster is next, with everybody's favorite way to enter the front straight- HOGPEN (just don't lift). The Grand East still features the always popular Climbing Esses, where the back end of you car wants to step out at the top of the hill when many cars are at 100mph. Ahh 4.2 miles of VIR bliss.

It's still not too late to join in on the fun and it's now going to cost you a little less.

Gerry Chan