Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
MazdaDrivers at VIR Grand East following the Marque Madness
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MazdaDrivers at VIR Grand East following the Marque Madness

MazdaDrivers at VIR Grand East following the Marque Madness

If any of you are still on the fence about the VIR GE event on the Sat & Sun following the Tri-Marque event, Dave Nugent, the registrar for MazdaDrivers is offering a discount for student who are referred by an instructor. I am offering to be that instructor. http://www.mazdadrivers.com/09_vir_j...streferral.htm

If you use my name, Dave will sweeten the deal. And then you get to heckle me as I will be your classroom instructor.

Four days at VIR and the last 2 on the GRAND EAST! It doesn't get any better than this.

If you haven't tried to tame the "Bitch" and the Spiral that follows it then you are in for a high "pucker factor" treat (a driver who can trail brake then throttle steer his or her way around a decreasing radius turn can single apex the Bitch, and close quickly on the majority of the slower, more conservative drivers who will double apex or rim shot the entrance. This turn allows the momentum cars to play with the high HP cars.) There is a turn just like T5 at Summit main at the bottom of that series of turns. Next comes the technical part of the Partiot (cut-across) course followed by a part of the North Course cross-over. The downhill Rollercoaster is next, with everybody's favorite way to enter the front straight- HOGPEN (just don't lift). The Grand East still features the always popular Climbing Esses, where the back end of you car wants to step out at the top of the hill when many cars are at 100mph. Ahh 4.2 miles of VIR bliss.

It's still not too late to join in on the fun and it's now going to cost you a little less.

Gerry Chan

I mentioned this one to my wife.
    She gave me a glary eyed stare.
    I think it would be in my best interest to come home Friday after Marque Madness.

I can't believe it's not sold out.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Sorry you won't be able to make it Steven.

With the discount, the fee is less than the 2 days at the full course on Thurs, Fri. I can't believe it's not sold out either.

Gerry
    1990 E30 M3 (white)
    2003 E46 M3 (white)
    1991 spec miata (blue)

Quote Originally Posted by e30m3sm View Post
    Sorry you won't be able to make it Steven.

With the discount, the fee is less than the 2 days at the full course on Thurs, Fri. I can't believe it's not sold out either.

Gerry
    Peachtree is having a hardtime breaking out even at Road Atlanta for the 4th of July weekend.
    A lot of schools are having hard times.

Maybe I'll see you Friday?
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

The weather report is looking nasty with scattered thunderstorms and 60% chance of rain I am signed up though.
    Fatih

Scattered thunderstorms is far from nasty....at least they're scattered.

It's a week away, the weather report will change 10x's during the week.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

The weather report is looking nasty with scattered thunderstorms and 60% chance of rain

Rain will just make it easier for the lower HP to dogs the high HP cars. Then smoothness and good rain tires will prevail.

Gerry

Quote Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
    Scattered thunderstorms is far from nasty....at least they're scattered.

It's a week away, the weather report will change 10x's during the week.
    I would take rain any day over hail and snow.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

It's funny to hear Greg L. point out the irony of the TH VIR event's T-shirt and how T-shirts make you think it was a nice sunny day. We both agree it should have been made from rubber and had a hood attached. That was the worst weather I've yet encountered.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Am I too late for a discount? I signed up a week or 2 ago, but I did find out about it through this website (the marque madness thread).

I'm not doing the Marque madness, so only the weekend for me.

You had to sign up using the link to the discount I imagine.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

I signed up a few weeks ago. Mazdadrivers runs a good event.

Gerry,

See you there, maybe you can give me a few pointers there like you did at SC last weekend.

Chuck
    Chuck Grafton
    '90 ///M3
    '99 ///M3
    '05 X3
    Springfield VA

Ethan: I believe you need to use the link in order to get the discount. However if you bring this matter to Dave Nugent's attention perhaps he may do something for you .

Chuck: I will give all the advanced students my secret trailbraking/ throttle steering line talk in class but perhaps I can be persuaded to ride with you and show you what I mean. I am glad you liked my line through the Shenandoah, you took to it so quickly. I was impressed.

Perhaps I can be bribed to go out with students; I like the draft beers at Aunt Millies to go with the pizza.

Gerry
    1990 E30 M3 (white)
    2003 E46 M3 (white)
    1991 spec miata (blue)

Quote Originally Posted by e30m3sm View Post
    Ethan: I believe you need to use the link in order to get the discount. However if you bring this matter to Dave Nugent's attention perhaps he may do something for you .

Chuck: I will give all the advanced students my secret trailbraking/ throttle steering line talk in class but perhaps I can be persuaded to ride with you and show you what I mean. I am glad you liked my line through the Shenandoah, you took to it so quickly. I was impressed.

Perhaps I can be bribed to go out with students; I like the draft beers at Aunt Millies to go with the pizza.

Gerry
    Thanks, Gerry.

I did email Dave, and in any event I wanted him to know that I did find the event through this club and website, and that any credit for my registration will go to you.

I haven't heard back from Dave yet.

Looking forward to seeing you this weekend.

Do they break the classes out by levels? If so, I hope you are the instructor for the novices, that will be my run group.

I did VIR last October with TrackDaze, but not the Grand East course (and, in my 335, not my Miata). It's going to be a very different experience!

Ethan

Thread Information