Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Inspection 1

Thread: Inspection 1

Inspection 1

Hi all,

I need to perform Inspection 1 and I am planning to do it during one of the upcoming DIY events. Is there any vendor that sell Inspection 1 kit? If not, I am planning to change the engine oil and oil filter, transmission fluid, differential fluid and flush the brake fluid. Am I missing anything? I am not changing the coolant fluid since I am planning to change the water pump and thermostat in the near future. I will also inspect the under body of my car, hopefully by doing it during one of the DIY events I can have someone with more experience check out the bushings and the subframe mounts.

Also, is there any way to reset the inspection light manually like resetting the oil change light or will I need a GT1 computer or something like that? Thanks.

Btw, it's the second Inspection 1 since I have about 85kmile on my car.

Knowing what car you're driving would help determine what you'd need to reset the Inspection lights, and what parts you'll need.
    Often the DIY host shop would like you to purchase the parts from them. Check it out. If they don't mind you bringing in your own, look at www.getbmwparts.com or your local dealer offering a club discount.
    Last edited by John in VA; 06-01-2009 at 10:40 AM.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

I think he's an e46 M3 driver. If so...

Go to this link (its for getbmwparts.com): http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...2&catalog=4462

Then click on the 'M3Forum' link on the left side for some M3 specials. They have Oil Change kits, Inspection kits, and several other nice 'pre-packaged' DIY service specials ready to go. On most of these shipping is included in the price, but if you call Ticher's internet parts guys you can get a couple dollars off if you pick it up locally. Either way they are helpful and incredible convenient.
    Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    Knowing what car you're driving would help determine what you'd need to reset the Inspection lights.
    Often the DIY host shop will have the parts you'll nedd. Check with them. If they don't mind you bringing in your own, check out www.getbmwparts.com or your local dealer offering a club discount.
    My bad, I am driving a 2001 330Ci...

Reach, I wish it were an M3

Get over to http://forum.e46fanatics.com/ and look through the various topics in the DIY forum, or perform a search there. You'll learn how to reset the lights, and fluid capacities. This info is also found in the owner's manual in your glove box.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

So the Inspection kit from getbmwparts.com doesn't include brake, transmission and differential fluids so I am just trying to find out if I can get Red Line MTL and 75W-90 and ATE Super Blue locally? Any suggestion appreciated. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ea-sport View Post
    So the Inspection kit from getbmwparts.com doesn't include brake, transmission and differential fluids so I am just trying to find out if I can get Red Line MTL and 75W-90 and ATE Super Blue locally? Any suggestion appreciated. Thanks.
    Not sure where you're located, however, all three are available from OG Racing in Sterling, VA

Quote Originally Posted by AG View Post
    Not sure where you're located, however, all three are available from OG Racing in Sterling, VA
    Good idea..I'll give Brian a call later today.

Thread Information