Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Rust

Thread: Rust

Rust

I have some rust on the front, lower rocker panel, and in the door area on my z3 coupe ... and a couple of questions. Both are in areas that are not usually visible.

What do you think about using Rustoleum Rust Reformer to fix it?

How do I remove this plastic strip that runs along the bottom of the door cavity -- the cosmetic strip with BMW on it. It seems like it should just pop out -- I don't see any screws.

I'm sure that someone with ACTUAL knowledge will come along, but I think that it's held on with double sided tape. That padded stuff.
    As far as the rust treatment, if it's not visible, I would say try a couple different things to neutralize it, then put some paint over the top of it.
    There's this stuff called POR-15 that's excellent for that stuff, and it doesnt' like direct sunlight, so it's perfect for not so visible spots.
    V '87 535is (FE2O3): (sigh)
    V '86 325e (GRN HLL): 6 quarts of oil in the Patuxent River
    ^ '04 x3 3.0i : Wife's Bimmer (manual, woot!)
    V '76 Austin Mini
    Check out my blog! www.335bmws.blogspot.com

Thread Information