Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chassis Dyno Shops?

Thread: Chassis Dyno Shops?

Chassis Dyno Shops?

Any recommendations for good chassis dyno shops in the area? Prefer something in NOVA, but can certainly drive to MD or D.C.
    -Rod

Altered Atmosphere has a Dynojet 248. (What I'm required to use.) They've been good.

At any dyno shop you go to, make DAMNED SURE that they latch onto the correct points on the chassis. On E46es, for example, most shops will want to throw a strap over the rear lower control arm. Strapping a car down by a designed in fail point is not ideal.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

Altered Atmosphere really? I went there once in 2006 and vowed never to go back. Strapped my car down through the wheel spokes and I didn't notice until they were running. Then, they gave me a printout of my results and when I asked for the log file said I couldn't have it. I gave them a data stick and demanded the log file. I ended up getting someone else's runs. Subsequent calls went unreturned.

I wish I had a 'good' place I could recommend but I don't.
    Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

We had great results with York Automotive when we had our club dyno day there.

Ed York was interested in doing another one if you wanted to organize it. His rate was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Reach View Post
    Altered Atmosphere really? I went there once in 2006 and vowed never to go back. Strapped my car down through the wheel spokes and I didn't notice until they were running. Then, they gave me a printout of my results and when I asked for the log file said I couldn't have it. I gave them a data stick and demanded the log file. I ended up getting someone else's runs. Subsequent calls went unreturned.

I wish I had a 'good' place I could recommend but I don't.
    *shrug* All dyno shops seem to be BMW incompetent. I bring my own straps and make them use them.

Edit: At least with an E46, you should bring a set of T-hooks at a minimum.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    We had great results with York Automotive when we had our club dyno day there.

Ed York was interested in doing another one if you wanted to organize it. His rate was great.
    Stopped by for an hour or so during the event. Very impressed with the shop. I would take my car to York Auto.
    Supercharged '03 530
    Thinking about tracking down an e28 535is

Thread Information