Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
another issue with my gears, clutch, or tranny

Thread: another issue with my gears, clutch, or tranny

another issue with my gears, clutch, or tranny

here is the question. what do you think could be causing my 2nd gear to grind with the clutch all the way down (disengaged) and only over 2 1/2 to 3k rpms anything under that and it doesnt grind (let me tell ya merging while having to wait for the rpms to come down can be a royal pain) i dont know what could be causing this. i just had the clutch replaced about 7 months ago (roughly) and havent really driven it much seeing as how it was in cali. while i was saving up the money to get it out here after i moved ( it was sitting for about 3 months with no-one driving it. any in-site would be a help ( i just hope i dont have to re-replace the damn clutch all over again)

Do you have a clutch stop?
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick325xiT 5spd View Post
    Do you have a clutch stop?
    not sure what that is exactly?

It is usually a round disk on the floor of the car that the clutch pedal hits when fully depressed. What Nick is referring to is the practice by some people to raise the disk around an inch so the range of clutch pedal travel is reduced. Sometimes the raised clutch stop does not allow the clutch to be fully dis-engaged. Ask me how I know.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    It is usually a round disk on the floor of the car that the clutch pedal hits when fully depressed. What Nick is referring to is the practice by some people to raise the disk around an inch so the range of clutch pedal travel is reduced. Sometimes the raised clutch stop does not allow the clutch to be fully dis-engaged. Ask me how I know.
    Yeah - the UUC piece is just flat out too long. No matter how much Rob kicks and whines and screams about it, the spec is wrong.

yeah i do have one of them and it has never been touched since i got the car.

Did I hear that someone has one that they'd like to give me??? I'll take any unwanted UUC stops.

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    Did I hear that someone has one that they'd like to give me??? I'll take any unwanted UUC stops.
    I'm surprised you haven't figured out how to make one with a $0.69 threaded rod extension from Home Depot.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    I'm surprised you haven't figured out how to make one with a $0.69 threaded rod extension from Home Depot.
    That would cost money, I was looking for handouts. You know I'm poor.

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    I solved the problem with a sawzall. It's great with half an inch taken off.

Quote Originally Posted by hellrotfan96m3 View Post
    yeah i do have one of them and it has never been touched since i got the car.
    Is it a little piece of black plastic about an inch in diameter, or a much bigger piece?

That said, how does the clutch feel? It wouldn't surprise me if you've got air in the line, or the slave cylinder is starting to pack it in. The slave is most likely to fail after a clutch change as it'll tend to operate in a different range of motion (i.e. all the gunk that has built up on the shaft over time will suddenly start running into the seal and damaging it).

Quote Originally Posted by Nick325xiT 5spd View Post
    Is it a little piece of black plastic about an inch in diameter, or a much bigger piece?

That said, how does the clutch feel? It wouldn't surprise me if you've got air in the line, or the slave cylinder is starting to pack it in. The slave is most likely to fail after a clutch change as it'll tend to operate in a different range of motion (i.e. all the gunk that has built up on the shaft over time will suddenly start running into the seal and damaging it).
    well i agree. i have recently changed my clutch (6months ago) and a week ago i replaced my slave cylinder, and i took it to a shop to get bled.

Thread Information