Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Which strut tower brace should I buy?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which strut tower brace should I buy?

Which strut tower brace should I buy?

I have a 06 325xi. Which strut tower brace do you recommend I go with? I would like to stay with a BMW brand.

Quote Originally Posted by forrealb50 View Post
    I have a 06 325xi. Which strut tower brace do you recommend I go with? I would like to stay with a BMW brand.
    I wasn't aware of a BMW brand tower brace since the E36 Motorsport strut brace.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Is there a specific reason you need one?

If you want to stay with BMW parts, get the BMW parts HERE.

PKE9XM3BRACE* list price $379.00 / Tischer's price $315.00

OEM BMW E90/92/93 M3 Front Strut Tower Brace Kit. Kit includes components/hardware of the E9x M3 front strut brace. *Price includes Free Ground Shipping! (US only) **Please allow up to a few weeks to fill orders as some components are currently on national backorder.

John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Biggins View Post
    Is there a specific reason you need one?
    So I can be more competitive when I use the car for pro-racing.

Well actually, it's because I want one... the same reason I bought a BMW, for looks and performance.

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    If you want to stay with BMW parts, get the BMW parts HERE.

PKE9XM3BRACE* list price $379.00 / Tischer's price $315.00

OEM BMW E90/92/93 M3 Front Strut Tower Brace Kit. Kit includes components/hardware of the E9x M3 front strut brace. *Price includes Free Ground Shipping! (US only) **Please allow up to a few weeks to fill orders as some components are currently on national backorder.

Are there any other brands you recommend?

John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

That's the first strut brace that actually looks functional rather than eye candy.
    It ties to the firewall?
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

The cheapest one you can find is generally the best one.

Edit: And the primary use of a strut tower brace is really to reinforce the strut towers. There will be a tiny, almost imperceptible improvement in steering feel, but the real difference is that the towers will be less likely to deform over time.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

The BMW NA website lists two different strut braces under their "Performance Accessories".
    I almost choked when I saw the price of the carbon fiber model. And then I almost barfed when I read the copy: each view of the motor compartment will be a satisfying experience because it says BMW Performance?? Give me a break.

Carbon Fiber Performance Strut Brace

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sporty in its design and supremely resilient, the carbon strut brace is marked with the wordmark "BMW Performance" on its surface, marking each view of the motor compartment a satisfying experience. Made from the same lightweight, durable carbon fiber material used in Formula One racing, this high-tech strut brace has both low density and high strength characteristics. The entire piece weighs only 1.5 pounds! Shock absorption is also increased, which reduces road forces and body roll and lends a firmer road-feel. (PN: 51 71 0 429 377)
    $1,522.00
    Each price is the suggested retail price and is subject to change. Price excludes installation and taxes. Shop for accessories at your local BMW Center
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

The Q stands for "uality."
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    The BMW NA website lists two different strut braces under their "Performance Accessories".
    I almost choked when I saw the price of the carbon fiber model. And then I almost barfed when I read the copy: each view of the motor compartment will be a satisfying experience because it says BMW Performance?? Give me a break.

Carbon Fiber Performance Strut Brace

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sporty in its design and supremely resilient, the carbon strut brace is marked with the wordmark "BMW Performance" on its surface, marking each view of the motor compartment a satisfying experience. Made from the same lightweight, durable carbon fiber material used in Formula One racing, this high-tech strut brace has both low density and high strength characteristics. The entire piece weighs only 1.5 pounds! Shock absorption is also increased, which reduces road forces and body roll and lends a firmer road-feel. (PN: 51 71 0 429 377)
    $1,522.00
    Each price is the suggested retail price and is subject to change. Price excludes installation and taxes. Shop for accessories at your local BMW Center
    Isn't that a huge crock of crap?

Lightweight??? My Eibach bar only weighs 30 oz.

If you pay $1,522.00 for a strut tower brace a sign that you have too much money?
    Supercharged '03 530
    Thinking about tracking down an e28 535is

Fyi...

I have one from Racing Dynamics on the front and Dinan on the rear. Decent investments I think!

Paid less than $300 for each. The installation was a challenge though. The front took me about two hours and the rear took the dealer (Russel) approximately 2 days! Luckily, they only charged me for a few hours as quoted by Dinan.
    Last edited by wnelms; 05-21-2009 at 09:31 AM.

I saw no difference in handling before and after installation of front and rear strut bars. Both Dinan, waste of money in my opinion. The suspension on the other hand, set on stiffest setting was day and night.

Thread Information