Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
S-L-O-W-L-Y falling snow on main site

Thread: S-L-O-W-L-Y falling snow on main site

Post S-L-O-W-L-Y falling snow on main site

Steven --

I know the snowflake feature is novel and all, but the way it's implemented right now 1) is barely visible, even on a big-screen LCD, and 2) uses so many CPU cycles to scale the distant snowflakes (dots really) and model their paths, that it causes Mozilla and Safari to noticeably slow down on a rather powerful 2x2.0 GHz G5, if the main site is open in a background tab (and it gets even worse if there are multiple pages open simulatenously.

I hate to be a bother, but is it possible that it either be removed or replaced with another one of the XML snowflake modules? (X-plane.org had a particularly efficient and attractive one that showed up on a white background, unlike the current one.)

Besides, given the recent "heat" wave, it's a little odd to have the site getting more snowfall than the outdoors.
    Last edited by SharkD; 01-07-2005 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Soften the sarcasm

I needed to see some snow just to remind me it was winter.
    I can turn off the snow now.
    It's nice to know that someone actually looks at the website from time to time.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Thread Information