Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
looking for car for finance

Thread: looking for car for finance

looking for car for finance

We are looking into the X series but after reading previous post and all the replies i am not so sure on the X anymore. we are looking for something that can tow a good amount of weight (aprox. 3,000lbs or more of dead weight) be good on gravel roads pot holes and have a little bit of pep to it for when its time to have fun. the towing is for a camper (pop up) that we will be getting next year seeing as how we are starting to get into the whole camping scene. I do not have a whole lot of experience with BMW's just what i have learned from owning my M3 doing some work on it and my friend in San Diego's M3 as well when i lived there. what are your opinions on what we should look at for those capabilities?

even though my transmission died, I still love my X5 and would buy another one. not sure what the towing capacity is for a wagon, but those can be fitted for a tow hitch too.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    even though my transmission died, I still love my X5 and would buy another one. not sure what the towing capacity is for a wagon, but those can be fitted for a tow hitch too.
    how much was it to replace?

Quote Originally Posted by hellrotfan96m3 View Post
    how much was it to replace?
    $3k parts and labor
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

I think the X series are more cars with 4 wheel drive capabilities but not as sturdy as an american made SUV. Repairs are considerably cheaper on a GM/Ford vs. BMW. I'm in the same boat here too! I am looking @ Ford explorer Eddie bauers and GMC envoys. 3-4 year old cars of those go for well under 20k and even if something breaks it will definitely be less than 1,000 to fix.

But then again, if you got the loot and don't mind DIRT, SAND, FOOD from roadtrips and other random things associated with camping and beach trips on or in a BMW, go for it!

You'd also be the only BMW on a campsite and might get a lot of weird looks! haha!!

x3 comes with manual transmission... Not as dodgy as an auto.
    V '87 535is (FE2O3): (sigh)
    V '86 325e (GRN HLL): 6 quarts of oil in the Patuxent River
    ^ '04 x3 3.0i : Wife's Bimmer (manual, woot!)
    V '76 Austin Mini
    Check out my blog! www.335bmws.blogspot.com

x5 is a great car.. (probably I’m biased, since I already had 2 of those)
    We moved twice only with that car=)) Even sofas fit into it. And my son's little car which is about 4 by 2 perfectly fits in there. Also, it’s very reliable and stable for really snowy and icy conditions. I need to find a pic somewhere, my husband once parked his x5 on the parking lot with a little snow/ice mountain about 2-2,5 foot height.. so the parking angle was 30 degrees... it's very comfortable, especially for long drives=) And, don't forget that as m5 was once labeled (i am not sure if it's the case now) the fastest sedan in the world, x5 was also labeled "fastest SUV in the world" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_E53)

Thread Information