Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Need help with a code pull or autoenginuity

Thread: Need help with a code pull or autoenginuity

Need help with a code pull or autoenginuity

First, my apologies for double-posting, I put this in Car Care earlier but this really is a better section for it.

___

Would anyone have an advanced BMW code system for the OBDII cars (my E46 M3, which does not have the older round connector)... preferably the autoenginuity system or a GT1 equivalent (but a Peake tool would work as well in a pinch) be available to help me sort out codes from my car?

I have developed a mysterious EML light and limp mode today. Forum searches suggest a likely throttle position sensor failure, but I want to confirm with a BMW tool. My generic OBDII scanner isn't cutting it, and I haven't gotten around to ordering a nice system yet. Clearly it is going higher in my priority list after this event.

Please feel free to contact me directly as well. I live in Fair Lakes VA. I am supposed to be taking a trip tomorrow afternoon so of course the timing here is terrible. (When is it ever good?)

Thanks,
    -Mike
    Last edited by Reach; 07-05-2009 at 05:56 PM. Reason: no longer needed
    Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

I have the Peake research tool. I'm 95% sure that I'll be coming up to Reston area (RRT, specifically) to pick up a rear subframe that they did some work on. I would be making the trip on Saturday, provided my wife isn't working. Won't find out until tomorrow afternoon.
    Don't know if that matches up with your schedule or not.

Adam
    V '87 535is (FE2O3): (sigh)
    V '86 325e (GRN HLL): 6 quarts of oil in the Patuxent River
    ^ '04 x3 3.0i : Wife's Bimmer (manual, woot!)
    V '76 Austin Mini
    Check out my blog! www.335bmws.blogspot.com

There is a DIY at RRT on Saturday - good chance to meet up.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Guys, thanks for the responses. As I mentioned I have to leave for the weekend tomorrow. I'll resort to my beater, which frankly I give a higher chance of stranding me on the Pennsylvania turnpike than an M3 with error codes.

Adam, I would love to get a chance to read the codes with that tool, but I won't be back until Monday. Perhaps I could meet up with you and borrow it (with a suitable deposit for you) so I can get this sorted.

Thanks,
    -Mike
    Mike R.

I'm still looking for a BMW extended OBDII code reader. If anyone can help, please call / PM / email me. Thank you.
    Mike R.

We have the Autologic system at RRT, it can read all the BMW codes. Give us a call at 703-661-4222.
    RRT Racing Crew Member

Bruce,

Thanks, and good to know you have an autologic (great computer, wish they made a 'consumer' version of it). I'm trying to avoid purchasing shop time if possible as I'm almost sure what the issue is, and if it is what I suspect I can DIY fix it... just need to confirm.

I'm saving my pennies to purchase either an autoenginuity or carsoft system myself. As an off-topic aside: I'd be curious if you have experience with either of those and recommendations.
    Mike R.

Thread Information