Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
E36 Front Seats

Thread: E36 Front Seats

E36 Front Seats

As my driver and passenger seats continue to shred more and more each day, I wanted to know all the seat options that came on the E36s. I want to stick with an OEM seat in this car, but I believe I have the basic bucket seat (heated/cloth) in my '95 318i. I would be willing to lose the heated seats option.

My first option is to get the Wet Okoele seat covers that supposedly fit well on E36s, but my current seats are not too supportive and hugging for autocross and even long drives.

The other option I was exploring were the other seat types that were found in other E36s. I know Vaders were on some/most/all M3s, but I'd like to know if there is an E36 seat in between the bucket seats I think I have and the Vaders? Would any/all of these be a direct bolt-in? Would E46 seats work?

I will not do aftermarket seats. I'll just get the seat covers for my current seats before that.

you could try the e36 sport seats that came in some of the 325/328i's and is's.

Quote Originally Posted by vjmvjmvjm View Post
    The 318ti also came with sports seats as part of the sport package. They are very supportive compared to the stock bucket seats. I believe (based on what I've read on the internet - you know how reliable that is) that all E36 front seats are interchangeable without modification.

Vic
    That seems to be the consensus on bimmerforums as well... I guess I'll keep my eye out for what is available.

Interesting... I guess the seat covers may be my best bet after all.

I think you should look for some seats that are HEAVY, sturdy and very, very heavy, to help with... um... TRACTION yeah, traction! then you should keep your stock seats in your trunk for more traction!!

Seriously I would go with e36 sports, but it might be hard to find them in cloth. Leather would be too slippery.

You can get my whole interior for $100

Quote Originally Posted by Scany View Post
    Cool ... when can I pick the race seats up?

... oh you mean the interior you stripped from the car

Quote Originally Posted by Scany View Post
    I might actually be interested... what color is it? 4-door interior? decent shape?

Quote Originally Posted by Biggins View Post
    I might actually be interested... what color is it? 4-door interior? decent shape?
    This is from the E36. It's tan. Might be on the low scale condition wise. The rears are split 60/40. I believe I got pictures in the gallery on my website.

FWIW, you can have a pair of E46 black sport sedan seats in nearly perfect leatherette for free.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

Would you be interested in a pair of black M3 lightweight front seats, almost perfect, no heat or power, for $500, otherwise I'm selling the driver's side to a guy in Colorado. Bob

Thread Information