Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
oil pan gasket

Thread: oil pan gasket

oil pan gasket

i need a bit of help doing a oil pan gasket replacement. is this possible without having an engine lift?

On an E36 you may not need an engine hoist but you will need some type of engine support to hold the engine up from above. The subframe and engine mounts will need to be lowered down to remove the oil pan.
    RRT Racing Crew Member

can i get a link to a diy thread so i can see if i need to buy some special tools as well?

I have a transverse engine brace that is very easy to use. I used it on two E30's to replace the silly cork original oil pan gaskets. You can borrow it if you need to. I am in South Riding, VA.

Do yourself a favor and buy one of the thick paper gaskets and a quality gasket sealer. Follow the manal torque specs exactly if you don't want to do the job again any time soon.

I don't have any E36 experience as I have only owned one for a short time a few years back... Sorry!

Hope this helps.....
    Willy Lutz
    1990 Schwarz 325is
    1991 Brillantrot M3
    1991 Macao Blau M Technic
    2003 Mystic Blau 330i ZHP

Quote Originally Posted by Sport Evo View Post
    I have a transverse engine brace that is very easy to use. I used it on two E30's to replace the silly cork original oil pan gaskets. You can borrow it if you need to. I am in South Riding, VA.

Do yourself a favor and buy one of the thick paper gaskets and a quality gasket sealer. Follow the manal torque specs exactly if you don't want to do the job again any time soon.

I don't have any E36 experience as I have only owned one for a short time a few years back... Sorry!

Hope this helps.....

i will let you know on the engine brace, one of my neighbors out here may have a hoist i can use. i bought the gasket on pelican when i ordered the slave cylinder to get the free shipping. (free is FTW esp. now a days)

OEM from the dealer or a parts supplier.

Thread Information