Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2009) No Handheld In Car Devices Permitted!

Thread: (2009) No Handheld In Car Devices Permitted!

(2009) No Handheld In Car Devices Permitted!

This is the final warning! Handheld cameras, recorders, etc. are not permitted in vehicles during runs. No exceptions, NONE.

All future violations of this rule will result in an immediate expulsion from the event with no refund.

Feel free to spread the word.
    Last edited by mcoupemindy; 05-03-2009 at 09:02 PM.

How about if we hold them REALLY tight, can we have them then?

From the FAQ:

"
    Can I / my passenger run a video camera?

Answer This practice is strictly prohibited, as the video camera can fly out of the holder’s hands becoming a projectile. Please use a mounting solution that will not allow the camera to become a projectile."

~Katie

so as long as you have a secure setup for mounting the camera then your good, just no having a passenger hold it.

if your unsure as to if your setup for mounting will pass have it setup and mounted before you come to tech and we'll let you know if your good, or what you need to do to secure it properly.

I was unaware of this rule. I had been putting my camera under the headrest in the back seat and looping the strap through the metal posts to make sure if it gets loose it only falls the length of the strap and can't go anywhere. I won't do it again, especially since Bauer lets me use his camera mount

---------------2009 XS 2nd place, 2010 X3 3rd place, 2011 X3 Champion---------------
    --------------------5-speed, Full DE-K Swap, 205 whp 199 wtq SAE----------------------
    -----------------Enkei RPM2-235/45/17 Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 & A/S+-----------------

Technically, no passengers are allowed anyway.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    Technically, no passengers are allowed anyway.
    I'm confused. According to the FAQ on "Can someone ride with me?", the answer is:

As long as riders have a proper helmet and are at least 16 years of age, you can have as many people as the car was designed to carry.

Has this changed? I was hoping to take my wife to event #3.

Quote Originally Posted by agreatham View Post
    I'm confused. According to the FAQ on "Can someone ride with me?", the answer is:

As long as riders have a proper helmet and are at least 16 years of age, you can have as many people as the car was designed to carry.

Has this changed? I was hoping to take my wife to event #3.
    That is NCC's rule. It's never been updated to BMW CCA minimum standards.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

CCA Standards

I'm having a little trouble finding the CCA Standards for autocross. I see the rules for the NCC on their website but couldn't find anything on the CCA website. Can anyone point me in the right direction ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zcruizer View Post
    I'm having a little trouble finding the CCA Standards for autocross. I see the rules for the NCC on their website but couldn't find anything on the CCA website. Can anyone point me in the right direction ?
    It's in the ops manual. Steven is correct. We will get that updated on our FAQ section promptly.

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    It's in the ops manual. Steven is correct. We will get that updated on our FAQ section promptly.
    I know other chapters that allow ride alongs. That is something that needs to be discussed with the CCA DEC reps. Unfortunately they need to have one rule for everyone. Some chapters have high speed autocrosses.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    I know other chapters that allow ride alongs. That is something that needs to be discussed with the CCA DEC reps. Unfortunately they need to have one rule for everyone. Some chapters have high speed autocrosses.
    Can we have high speed autocrosses then? I hate both my tires and brakes.

Quote Originally Posted by 95Maxrider View Post
    I was unaware of this rule. I had been putting my camera under the headrest in the back seat and looping the strap through the metal posts to make sure if it gets loose it only falls the length of the strap and can't go anywhere. I won't do it again, especially since Bauer lets me use his camera mount

Can I strap nick to the hood while he holds the camera?
    I spilled my groceries...

Quote Originally Posted by BradMW View Post
    Can we have high speed autocrosses then? I hate both my tires and brakes.
    haha priceless

Thread Information