Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2009) NCC Autocross - June 13 @ MD State Police Training Center, Sykesville, MD - Page 4
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: (2009) NCC Autocross - June 13 @ MD State Police Training Center, Sykesville, MD

Thanks. I read the FAQ, somehow missed the schedule ...
    Still my question stands: Do I need full face helmet? If I get motorcycle helmet that's Snell M05 is that going to be OK?

You do not need a full face helmet for auto-x.

I only have a full-faced helmet (for track days), but after two very warm autocrosses last weekend I'm seriously considering a cheap-ish open helmet just for that.

On the opposite, I was thinking to get a full face helmet so I could also use it for the track, but now maybe I should look into buying one of those helmets that can open up and can be used as both.

Those will only have an M rating if at all. Some if not all are not Snell approved and only DOT approved. If you start doing track events, you're going to want a SA helmet, not an M, as some groups require it. Besides, when you flip the front up, you probably won't fit in the car. Get a cheapo open faced and a SA full-faced....like Ron is saying.

Just have to search! http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/showthrea...ghlight=helmet
    Last edited by Car54; 05-27-2009 at 04:38 PM.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

I found a cheap Snell full face, I think I'm getting that. You are probably right about the hybrid helmet, I tried looking online but could not find one that's snell rated, just DOT.

ill definatly be there, driving my own car even

It's June 2nd. Can we have an update to the sign up list? Also, once again I'm ashamed to confess, some of the mentally challenged - me - might have trouble remembering AM vs PM. Can't we routinely add that info to the list?

Here's an updated list.

Please look over your entry and let me know if there is any incorrect data.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

You can remove the blank entry for me [Doug DuCote] and my car is a 2005 not a 2009.

Hi All. I'm the guy with the Scion. Looking foward to the next event, breaking out the S2000 for this one. Hope it's dryer out. Never been to Sykesville, is it a skidpad too?

There is but we don't usually use it during competitive autox, just schools.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Bleh, engine troubles started up on Thursday; we'll see if RRT can have her in shape come Saturday.

I'm excited!

I'm in twice, lines 29 & 30. Could you please remove one of the entries?
    Also, do you guys think I can borrow a helmet? I ordered mine today, but I'm not sure if I'll get it by Saturday.

Thread Information