Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2009) NCC Autocross - June 13 @ MD State Police Training Center, Sykesville, MD - Page 2
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: (2009) NCC Autocross - June 13 @ MD State Police Training Center, Sykesville, MD

But PM being warmer is bad horsepower wise. The cold air in the morning makes mad power! the 1hp increase is quite significant in my car! LOL

Needless to say I'll be in the AM!

Quote Originally Posted by gbauer View Post
    Registered in the PM. Getting sick of all the PM guys getting a dry course while the rest of us plow around in our boats!
    Your especially good with the plowing around in a boat.....

But my spinouts look so much cooler when there is water going everywhere!
    Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

Quote Originally Posted by Zcruizer View Post
    Look out REACH, I'm coming to get ya. If you can stay out of the mud.
    Mud is my friend, I'm more than 'gettable', hehe. Consistency is not my strong suit so far. But cut me some slack, I'm still learning this car!
    Mike R.

Hey Reach I think our driving skills are about the same. I even put my hardtop on this weekend to even out our weight difference. I just can't help thinking about how if you bought the cheap Nittos, like I did, instead of those expensive tires, you might have beat me. he-he

There really is no advantage running in the AM vs PM. It depends on weather and part of the year the even it being held. It has happened many times that AM drivers have had dry weather and PM drivers got the wet course.

In the middle of the summer 2nd half AM drivers may have an advantage depending on ambient air temps as if it is too hot, you can exceed the operating temps of your tires (Depends on the tires) as certain tires don't do well over high 80 degree ambient air temps and require tire sprayers to keep their temps down.

Other drivers do better in the PM after watching all of the AM drivers make mistakes and have more walk through opportunities.

It just depends.
    NCC

The best benefit PM drivers get to is the extra recovery time from the hangovers, haha. I had a quick question for you guys. I found a Bell motorcycle helmet on craigslist for dirt cheap. Would this work for autocross events, or do we need to use specified helmet types for competition? Thanks a lot and any feedback is helpful!

From track driving about 80% is the driver. PM vs AM, given no obvious different wet conditions, probably doesn't make for more than 1% of the total performance. Yet again, all factors count I think right tire pressures will give you better times.

Quote Originally Posted by mscire2 View Post
    Your especially good with the plowing around in a boat.....
    Speaking of plowing around in a boat... is this really my "I'm about to die" face? I look so stoic.

Mike R.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyj View Post
    The best benefit PM drivers get to is the extra recovery time from the hangovers, haha. I had a quick question for you guys. I found a Bell motorcycle helmet on craigslist for dirt cheap. Would this work for autocross events, or do we need to use specified helmet types for competition? Thanks a lot and any feedback is helpful!
    http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?v...faq&Itemid=154

Thanks! I was about to do that.

What traction control?

Hey! This is Adam's gf, Alex. I stalk the message boards and read them a lot so I figured I'd finally make myself an online account. I plan to go to the next autox all day to help out, and drive. I wanted to see if I should register ahead of time since Adam never does. I don't know if I'd run AM/PM though I'd probably just go at whatever time has less people. Thanksssss

-Alex

Quote Originally Posted by alexmarksthespot View Post
    Hey! This is Adam's gf, Alex. I stalk the message boards and read them a lot so I figured I'd finally make myself an online account. I plan to go to the next autox all day to help out, and drive. I wanted to see if I should register ahead of time since Adam never does. I don't know if I'd run AM/PM though I'd probably just go at whatever time has less people. Thanksssss

-Alex
    Hi Alex!!!

How you doin?

Just register for the morning please.

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    Hi Alex!!!

How you doin?

Just register for the morning please.

Okay, I will. I'm doing good! I know its a good while away but what time do you need us to arrive to help out with setting up the event? That way I can go ahead making babysitter plans now.

Quote Originally Posted by alexmarksthespot View Post
    Okay, I will. I'm doing good! I know its a good while away but what time do you need us to arrive to help out with setting up the event? That way I can go ahead making babysitter plans now.
    You got PM!

Thread Information