Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Installing CD Changer E36

Thread: Installing CD Changer E36

Installing CD Changer E36

I just bought a CD changer for my E36 328i with a mounting bracket. I have seached all over BMW sites for instructions on where to mount. Can anyone help me with this?

Installing the CD changer is fairly easy. It mounts in the trunk, above the battery tray. If you look up there, there's a metal bracket with 2 screws sticking out. The cd changer bracket mounts to that, along with a screw in the rear deck. I had to insert one myself there, but once you fit the CD changer bracket to the mounting bracket, you'll see which hole it lines up with.

Second part is to take apart the carpetting on the passenger side of the trunk. You'll need to find the 2 cables that hook up to the CD changer itself. When I did mine, one cable was just hanging loose back there, the other was tucked behind the sound deadening around the wheelwell. If you find one, follow that one back, as at one point they're taped together.

Hope that helps.

Picture of installed CD Changer

In case anyone else is wondering what a CD changer installed in an E36 should look like here it is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cd_changer.jpg 
Views:	403 
Size:	23.2 KB 
ID:	6  

Thread Information