Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
e-36 headlight cleaning/defogging

Thread: e-36 headlight cleaning/defogging

e-36 headlight cleaning/defogging

I have been wanting to do this as well for a long time and now that i live in an area again where having good lights are a must i am asking the question again.

1. how to go about de-fogging the lenses without going out and buying new enclosers.

2. can i get better lights to go into the housing without tripping the circuit constantly? where i live having good lights is a must so many deer, stupid people in the road, other animals, and just the road conditions (turns and bends) require good lights to go through there at around 60mph constantly. (612 / 610 back roads in-between manassas and stafford/ faquier county). i would like to get the blue tint lights that look like HID's without going all out and getting the HID's just. (want to get HID's with angel eyes but need $$$ 1st)

thanks again to all on this forum for being such a good help and knowledgable without the drama.

For cheap, you can get a headlight polishing kit to remove the haze from the plastic covers. There are many out there - Google it to see what experiences others have had.

Pricier, get the E36 Euro light assemblies that have glass lenses, not plastic.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

MY ED TRIP REPORT
    ED @ Welt 27.10.07 l Drop-Off Bremerhaven 05.11.07 l Made Port NJ 26.11.07 l PCD 21.12.07
    2008 E92 335i Barbera Red l Saddle Brown l Aluminum Trim l ZSP l ZCW l ZPP l CA l Nav l HD Radio l 6MT l PDC l 6FL

NCC Tours Chair
    NCC ChapterFest Chair
    NoVa Social Rep

I used the BG kit, did not remove the lights and they look brand new. 45 minutes of effort.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/products/E3...ded-135-0.html

you can get the euro glass lights with HIDs for less than $175. The stock plastics are crap along with the lack of projector low beams

I have never had good luck with plastic polishers, even with an orbital machine. I had an e46 with pitted lenses and eventually broken rubber seals. You should be able to get new lenses even for your e36. I think I paid $40 a lense online, plus a few dollars for the foam gaskets. It took about 15 minutes per light and it was a lot less effort. I checked out the link and the guy used several pieces of increasing fine grit paper, and polishes. It just looked like too much work for me.

Blue tint is flat out stupid. It's not stupid to ask about, but it is stupid for the light manufacturers to produce. You lose a huge percentage of your light output to any blue tinting on the bulb. If you want enough tinting to actually make the light blue, you're down to less than half of light output. In 9006/9005 flavors, you can actually use HIR bulbs, which are as bright as it gets without going to HIDs.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

Thread Information