Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Oil level problem in E90

Thread: Oil level problem in E90

Oil level problem in E90

My 2007 335i reported a problem with the oil level today. 5 Minutes into my drive home from work, it flashes a message that there is less than 1qt of oil left, I should turn the engine off immediately.

I didn't see any evidence of an oil leak, but given the fact that this car doesn't have a dipstick, I couldn't verify the oil level.

I called Joe Diss, my SA at Tischer, and he said to call the 800 number for BMW and have them tow it to Tischer.

Has anyone else had anything like this? I'm guessing it's a sensor or an electrical problem, since there seemed to be no evidence of any oil leak.

i havent heard of an epidemic of bad oil sensors on any e90s, but i have had a bad gasket and oil leak. had it fixed under warranty and hopefully yours into a major problem
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Thanks, Paul.

I'm actually hoping its a mechanical problem, because a computer/electrical issue is the last thing I want.

I had been planning to buy the car out of the lease, but if there are electrical/computer issues, I may return it and get another 335.

I haven't heard yet from Tischer, I'll see what they have to say today.

Just heard from Tischer.

Oil level was full, no loss whatsoever.

No computer log of the code, no oil sensor problem, no evidence that this code ever happened.

Did I dream it?

This is what I feared, an intermittent glitch that can't be traced or cured.

Sounds like this car might be returning to BMW on lease expiry....

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan Blank View Post
    Just heard from Tischer.

Oil level was full, no loss whatsoever.

No computer log of the code, no oil sensor problem, no evidence that this code ever happened.

Did I dream it?

This is what I feared, an intermittent glitch that can't be traced or cured.

Sounds like this car might be returning to BMW on lease expiry....
    No you are not dreaming. Se my post here: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=354221

I use Stephen @ Passport as my SA and David is my tech
    MY ED TRIP REPORT
    ED @ Welt 27.10.07 l Drop-Off Bremerhaven 05.11.07 l Made Port NJ 26.11.07 l PCD 21.12.07
    2008 E92 335i Barbera Red l Saddle Brown l Aluminum Trim l ZSP l ZCW l ZPP l CA l Nav l HD Radio l 6MT l PDC l 6FL

NCC Tours Chair
    NCC ChapterFest Chair
    NoVa Social Rep

While I'm glad I'm not imagining things, there are two sources of frustration here:

1. The intermittent electronic malfunction, and
    2. The damned dipstick problem.

Had I had a dipstick, I would have been able to satisfy myself that by driving I wasn't risking the motor.

The electrical problem is a bigger concern, particularly on a car where so much in controlled electronically.

From your post, it sounds like this problem will be with me again (I have approx. 20k miles on my '07).

I just hope that, since it appears to be the electrical system crying "wolf", if I ignore it and there happens to really be an oil leak, I don't damage the motor!

Thread Information