The Forumula 1 race at Bahrain was about as bad as it can get for the BMW team. Kubica was 18th and Heidfeld 19th - the last two cars still running. Both cars had qualifyed way down in the field and then suffered front wing damage on the first lap. The cars were given full fuel loads and the harder compound tires when they stopped for wing replacements. BMW hoped a full-course safety car period might enable them to jump toward the front, but there was never a need for the safety car.

In the Rolex Grand-Am race at VIR, the two BMW-powered Daytona Prototypes qualified 15th and 16th in a field of 16 DPs. The Supercar Life Racing entry driven by Christophe Bouchut and Scott Tucker climbed its way to 4th at the finish. The Orbit Racing BMW-Riley driven by Bill Lester and Darren Manning ran first at one point due to pit stops, but finished 9th.

Four area drivers competed in the VW Jetta TDI Cup race at VIR. AJ Nealey (Pasadena, MD) took 2nd place. Some of you will remember AJ for the time he hit one of the wooden flower boxes that marks the edge of the Rosecroft Raceway lot at a BMW Club autocross. Devin Cates (Broad Run, VA) was 7th, Donny Warren (Winchester) 12th, and Ryan Ellis (Ashburn) 21st.

The NASA Mid-Atlantic races at Summit Point saw lots of repeat performances among the BMWs that were first or second in class on Saturday and Sunday. In GTS2 Michael Dayton (E36) and Ted Worrell (E36) were 1st and 2nd both days. In Spec3 Jon McAvoy and James Packer were 1st and 2nd both days. Seventeen SpecE30 BMWs started Saturday's race. Chris Cobetto and Skip Bennett were also 1st and 2nd both days. Mike Yaskin (E36) was 2nd Saturday and 1st Sunday in GTS4, and Barry Battle drove Eric Wong's E36 M3 to 2nd in GTS3 on Saturday.

Podium BMW finishers at the SCCA autocross at FedEx Field:
1st D Stock: Tommy Radford 94 325is
2nd D Stock: James Elmore 08 135i
3rd D Stock: Jason Zavislak 08 135i
2nd BSP: Clint Boyd 03 M3
1st DSP: Kevin Henry 90 325i
2nd STU (by 0.001 sec) Brian Hair 02 M3
1st SSM: Jason Becker 00 M Coupe