Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
You know the day isn't good when...

Thread: You know the day isn't good when...

Angry You know the day isn't good when...

It was a normal Friday evening, my wife and I went out to our Friday night movie and were looking forward to going on the Spring Tour first thing Saturday morning. We got home after 10:30 PM and went to bed. We rose early to get in the E46 to head out to Annapolis BMW for the event start only to find that all four wheels and tires were stolen from the bimmer sometime during the night. We waited for Howard County Law enforcement, called the insurance company and headed out to catch the tour at their lunch stop; Tall Timbers Marina very late but we were not going to let this problem keep us from enjoying this event. I've still got to get wheels and tires because my bimmer is sitting on jack stands because the freakin thieves left it sitting very, very unstable with two scissor jacks and a freakin rock. Any-who, life goes on and I hope to have the redhead back on the road by mid-week with wheels and tires. Attached are some pictures of how the amateur hour bungling rip-off artists left my bimmer.

V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

damn, that really sucks Zach. my offer stands if you want to use my winter setup till you find something (17" rims, 205 all around)

since they are winter tires, they may not perform too well in this heat.

look at the bright side....you get to buy new rims and tires hopefully you'll get something from your insurance company to go shopping with.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

That sucks. No one heard and the alarm didn't go off?
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

while i do not have an alarm (who turns their heads nowadays when they go off?), this would definitely be another reason to get wheel locks.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Sorry to hear that Zach. I can't imagine how you felt Saturday morning. I used wheel locks for a short while, but it got to be a PIA change tires several times a month for AXs and track events. Now I stay with stock rims and cross my fingers. Maybe if I had some nice after market wheels. . . .
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

What a bummer - hope it gets straightened out soon.

Rick
    2009 E82 135i - Space Gray/Gray Leather, Steptronic, Premium, Sport, Cold Weather -BMW Performance: Exhaust, Suspension, Front & Rear Rotors, sideskirts, trunk spoiler, kidney grilles - Dinan: Stage 2 ECU, Cold Air Intake, Oil Cooler, Suspension Bushings, Strut Brace - Quaife: LSD - Sirius, BMW hard-wired NUVI Nav - and lovin' every mile of it!

been there, too...

I had a set of BBS wheels stolen from my M535i on Thanksgiving morning (alarm was disconnected?). Had a new set put on and the thiefs came back. This time the motion sensor scared them off and I got two cheap jacks. Make sure you put locks on them and don't leave the lock key in the car. Sorry to hear about your experience. BTW, my homeowner's paid for them.

Wow, that's terrible! Best of luck getting things settled with insurance and a favorable result. I hate, hate calling the insurance company. (See my cracked windshield and subsequent claim denial...)

I have a set of E46 M3 rims/tires you could use if you needed to get her rolling for just a while until suitable replacements can be found.
    Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

Ahhh ! That explains why you were late. That is total crap. Join the NRA, they'll help you pick out a security system. They'll train you how to use it too. If you don't like guns, try a wireless infrared camera in your dash and a recorder in the house. Good luck

That is very unfortunate Zach. I've been there before too and know the feeling. If you can, try to be proactive in following up with the police because they will likely just file the report and not worry about following up/patroling the area. I will keep an eye on craigslist, eBay and the local forums for you.

Damn, I saw you car on 495 by 50 on Friday. Sorry about your luck.

I think I lived in your development a few years back. It was a little odd when we moved out.
    Last edited by JC5; 04-27-2009 at 03:31 PM.
    Supercharged '03 530
    Thinking about tracking down an e28 535is

I know you told me @ the marina, but seeing it just makes ya . People have no respect for other people's property. Karma is a bitch.
    We need to start doing thieves the way they are done in the Mid-East, when you steal something, they cut off a hand. You only have two times to get some good ish.

On a side note, Zach maybe you can post pics of what the wheels look like so when others are on eBay, CL and other forums we will know what the wheels look like.
    MY ED TRIP REPORT
    ED @ Welt 27.10.07 l Drop-Off Bremerhaven 05.11.07 l Made Port NJ 26.11.07 l PCD 21.12.07
    2008 E92 335i Barbera Red l Saddle Brown l Aluminum Trim l ZSP l ZCW l ZPP l CA l Nav l HD Radio l 6MT l PDC l 6FL

NCC Tours Chair
    NCC ChapterFest Chair
    NoVa Social Rep

Thread Information