Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2009) Helmet
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: (2009) Helmet

(2009) Helmet

I was thinking about buying a helmet. Just cancelled the previous order after realizing that I ordered a wrong one.

As I understand I should buy Snell either M or SA rating. Any suggestions on a particular brand, place to buy from?
    I am looking for a cheap one

Visit OG Racing out by Dulles. You get to try them on and their prices are good. I got a Bell closed helmet and a G-Force open. Both very good.

Scany, thank you for the advice. However, it sounds like a long drive from Frederick, MD

Quote Originally Posted by mduhovich View Post
    Scany, thank you for the advice. However, it sounds like a long drive from Frederick, MD
    I think it would be worth it. Every helmet manufacturer fits a slightly different shape, so trying them on in person is really a necessity.

Also, when I first got mine, I was surprised as to how tight it was supposed to fit in certain areas, so it really helps to have someone who knows how it should fit and feel.

It's only about 45 minutes, which seems well worth it considering that you'll be able to try on several different models. They're open on weekends if it helps. It seems a lot better than the swapping that was going on at the school yesterday.

Ron

Also try it on in the car you will be driving if you are able.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Brian Hair and the people at OG are fantastic and will go the extra mile to help you. I've rented and now purchased my helmets from them and the in-stock selection is great. I too was nervous to buy one online for fitment reasons, and was relieved to see such a big stock to find one that worked for me. Price was excellent as well.

As a plus, they've got tons of Sparco racing seats you can sit in and dream about in your car.
    Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

Does OG Racing offer a club discount, I need a helmet prior to the end of May for school. I like the idea of being able to try it on before I purchase. Thanks...
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

The ability to try on different models and sizes is invaluable. OG Racing is not that far from Frederick using Rt 15 and the Dulles Greenway. Brian is there some Saturdays too. Call him and find out when.
    www.ogracing.com 703-430-3303.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by Zchild View Post
    Does OG Racing offer a club discount, I need a helmet prior to the end of May for school. I like the idea of being able to try it on before I purchase. Thanks...
    Probably everyone of their customers belong to a club of one or another.
    You can't beat them for service. They have also been a long time advertiser <I think> and I believe they also advertise in Roundel.

You might just want to rent a helmet for your first time.
    I still buy what I need from them.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    Probably everyone of their customers belong to a club of one or another.
    You can't beat them for service. They have also been a long time advertiser <I think> and I believe they also advertise in Roundel.

You might just want to rent a helmet for your first time.
    I still buy what I need from them.
    Is that a yes or a no!
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.

thanks all.. I'm going there next Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Zchild View Post
    Is that a yes or a no!
    I guess ask you need to ask Brian then.
    All their customers are club members.
    PCA, BMW, Audi, MB, SCCA, etc.
    They support the club.
    What does a discount really mean anyway when they already have good prices?
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

thanks all.. I'm going there next Sunday.
    I don't think they're open on Sunday. Another option is to visit the OG store at Summit Point on the day of the next auto-x, though they may not have a full selection of helmets there.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    I guess ask you need to ask Brian then.
    All their customers are club members.
    PCA, BMW, Audi, MB, SCCA, etc.
    They support the club.
    What does a discount really mean anyway when they already have good prices?
    SafeRacer.com offers the same exact prices for the same helmets as OG Racing, I'm just trying to get the best value for my money.
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.

Thread Information