Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
BMW get together in Southern Maryland Thursday, April 23...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: BMW get together in Southern Maryland Thursday, April 23...

BMW get together in Southern Maryland Thursday, April 23...

After travelling two hours through an incredible rain storm this Saturday (on the way to the Vintage Drive In) in my 1988 (E24) M6 (I'm also an E36 guy), I realized something... I will do almost anything for the opportunity to hang out with my fellow BMW enthusiasts. I have recently discovered that there are some avid BMW heads here in the NAS Patuxent River area and we need to start getting together. I recently met Adam Armour (an E28 and E30 guy) as well as Tim Young (an E30 GUY) and it is time to meet all the the other local stalwarts.

Our first meet will be at Cheeseburger in Paradise in Hollywood, Maryland on Thursday April, 23rd at 5pm. I will keep you posted.

Adam and I are working on putting together this first meet, which will hopefully turn into bigger meets and eventually club sanctioned socials. There are plenty of BMW owners in this area. Hopefully most of those owners are also BMW enthusiasts!

P.S. People who live far and wide, PLEASE feel free to come down and take part. It really is beautiful down here.
    Last edited by ///MARINE; 04-15-2009 at 05:38 AM.
    Brooklyn Taylor - Member # 354954
    Chief Marketing Officer at NCCBMWCCA
    Garage: M3, M5, M6, 635CSi/5 & 850I/6

http://direct.where2getit.com/cwc/ap...plate=moreinfo

Parking Lot of Cheeseburger in Paradise:

(Located in the Wildewood Shopping Center)
    23415 Three Notch Road
    California MD 20619
    Phone: 301-863-0489

Good idea Orlando! About 15 years ago the chapter had a tour to Point Lookout and a restaurant at Solomon's Island. Beautiful area. I've been wanting to get down to your area to checkout the site for the planned Tatton Park. I found out from someone in-the-know that the location is not quite definite yet.

Cheeseburger in Paradise?? Do they serve beer there?
    Edit: Good! I checked the website link you just sent.
    Last edited by woodym3; 04-13-2009 at 02:23 PM.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

nice job Orlando and you planned it on an open calendar date!!! very nice

i'll try my best to get down there to meet you guys (although its almost a 2 hr drive for me) and i'll get it up on the calendar shortly
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Thanks guys,

Solomon's Island (and the Solomon's Pier restaurant) is another great venue. I chose Cheeseburger in Paradise because the parking lot space (Wildewood Shopping Center) is virtually unlimited. I really appreciate the support. I will check out Solomon's Island for future meets. Being on the water makes for really cooling looking pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    Good idea Orlando! About 15 years ago the chapter had a tour to Point Lookout and a restaurant at Solomon's Island. Beautiful area. I've been wanting to get down to your area to checkout the site for the planned Tatton Park. I found out from someone in-the-know that the location is not quite definite yet.

Cheeseburger in Paradise?? Do they serve beer there?
    Edit: Good! I checked the website link you just sent.
    Jeez. If you guys went to point lookout, why'd you eat on Solomon's? For the true Southern Maryland experience, you have to go to Courtney's.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

Cool

Thanks Orlando for being proactive and planning something for the bimmerheads on the southern tip of Maryland, I will try to come down and hang out with you guys.
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

You know I'll be there, Orlando. (hehe, I could walk there... GREAT location!)
    Adam

Sounds like fun,I'm in.

Marlon

Good to go!

O.k. Let's spread the word to other forums. I am only on this forum but after seeing the amount of 2002 guys who braved Saturday's weather (rain that would make Noah's Ark cringe) we need to get word out to 2002FAQ, Roadfly, MYE28.org, E46fanatics, Sharkfest.org and anyone else you guys can think of. The more, the merrier!

Red face

I am a complete novice at this, so Paul and Zach, I could use any and all advice here!

Quote Originally Posted by ///MARINE View Post
    I am a complete novice at this, so Paul and Zach, I could use any and all advice here!
    nothing to it really. just create an account on those forums and post up your event. thats all i do every month although it can get time consuming. because i want to get as many people as possible, i bump the threads and figure out ways to get some interest and conversation started. get some folks you know that are going and make them post in there too; the more active the thread, the better. for the socials alone, i probably spend at least an hour a day, everyday answering questions, getting new members to signup, explaining CCA, etc.

honestly, i've found that the more time i spend monitoring/upkeeping the thread, the more interest i get, and that leads to people coming out. so basically, its all gonna depend on how much you want to put into it.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

I'm going straight ghettoz.

Paint on the back window.

"BMW Meet
    Chzbrgr in Paradise
    4/23 6 PM"

I've got MyE28 covered.
    V '87 535is (FE2O3): (sigh)
    V '86 325e (GRN HLL): 6 quarts of oil in the Patuxent River
    ^ '04 x3 3.0i : Wife's Bimmer (manual, woot!)
    V '76 Austin Mini
    Check out my blog! www.335bmws.blogspot.com

Smile

I just spoke to Greg at Cheeseburger in Paradise. Happy hour is from 4-8pm. They are confident that they can accommodate us! Sweet!

P.S. Thanks for the advice Paul!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ldsbeaker View Post
    I'm going straight ghettoz.

Paint on the back window.

"BMW Meet
    Chzbrgr in Paradise
    4/23 6 PM"

I've got MyE28 covered.

Now THAT is old school advertising at it's finest. Good move Adam, and welcome to the chapter!

Thread Information