Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Problems with iPod or USB/iPod connector

Thread: Problems with iPod or USB/iPod connector

Hybrid View

Problems with iPod or USB/iPod connector

I spent the extra money and got the iPod/USB adapter installed in my 09 328i and I've been having intermittent problems, such as the iPod won't play, or the audio sounds like something is missing.

Has anyone else experienced these issues?
    09 328i, Nav, Cold Weather & Prem., Comfort Access
    09 535xi, Nav, Cold Weather & Prem., Sirius/XM

Quote Originally Posted by Swooz View Post
    I spent the extra money and got the iPod/USB adapter installed in my 09 328i and I've been having intermittent problems, such as the iPod won't play, or the audio sounds like something is missing.

Has anyone else experienced these issues?
    What iPod are you using. There are some iPod software glitches with the iTouch.

maybe this helps. i've heard of this problem too; good thing 6FL didnt exist when i got my car.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201731
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Unhappy iPod/USB issues continue

I searched the site Paul pointed me to and feel very discouraged. I have an iPod Touch and suggested to my hubby (who has a classic iPod) to let me borrow his for a couple of days to see if the same problems occur. I will switch them out this weekend and see.

You would think when you spend this kind of money the folks at BMW would get it right.

I'm also having issues with the HD channels on my radio fading in and out. What the hell? HD commercials claim their channels come in crystal clear. I'm not impressed.

I'm starting to think I should have held onto my 02 325i with the Harman Kardon stereo. At least the sound quality didn't disappoint and the car was paid off.

while i love HD Radio, signal strength can be pretty shoddy, especially if you're between major cities (DC/Baltimore). when i drive towards DC, the signal gets stronger and vice versa.

hopefully the ipod works better for you, but i think most people would agree that german engineers arent the greatest when it comes to radio electronics
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

I don't think that it's an issue with the BMW rather an issue with the iPod software. I was having trouble with mine in our Scion last weekend.

HD radio is a real disappointment. I bought my 2008 335i Coupe with HD radio believing the commercials and it is a POS. More hype than real. I ended up upgrading to Sirius and am very happy that I did.

FWIW, I have a classic 80gb video iPod and have not had any "real" problems. Occasionally I have to cycle through choices to get the thing to work, but I think it's a combination of BMW and iPod updates that don't necessarily synch up.

As the other post noted, the iTouch has several post regarding it's inability to work properly. Good luck with your hubby's regular iPod.
    Last edited by mdepena; 04-10-2009 at 12:06 AM. Reason: added more info

I left my iPod Touch plugged into the USB port to see if I'd have anymore issues and I have and they appear to be with the iDrive. I'll keep a watchful eye on my problems and schedule a service appointment, if necessary. Passport owes me a free Walnut lever shifter for screwing up the payoff on my Acura. I wasn't about to let them off the hook...

Thread Information