Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
EZ Carlift

Thread: EZ Carlift

EZ Carlift

I noticed mention of a group buy on the EZ Carlift.

http://www.gotogroupbuy.com/229/EZCARLIFT.aspx

I think if enough people commit I will buy one.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

i saw that on the CCA board, and its pretty damn cool.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

I agree. That's pretty cool!

Unfortunately, I don't have $1200.00 collecting dust these days.

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    I agree. That's pretty cool!

Unfortunately, I don't have $1200.00 collecting dust these days.
    At least you have access to DIYs when you need a lift.

I'm on my own down here.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

I saw that on another board, and frankly, all I could think was "why?" It takes forever to lift the car, it's huge, and you have to listen to your drill/impact wrench whining while it works. And even worse yet, it still blocks off access to parts of the undercarriage.

If you're going to spend serious money, find an AC Hydraulics DK13HLQ (admittedly difficult now), or buy the Omega knock off for $250.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick325xiT 5spd View Post
    I saw that on another board, and frankly, all I could think was "why?" It takes forever to lift the car, it's huge, and you have to listen to your drill/impact wrench whining while it works. And even worse yet, it still blocks off access to parts of the undercarriage.

If you're going to spend serious money, find an AC Hydraulics DK13HLQ (admittedly difficult now), or buy the Omega knock off for $250.
    How much actual time have you spent using one? Sounds like no time, as your opinion does not relate at all to my experience with mine, which I've been using now going on two years, with my E28 and other different make vehicles. As the old Packard automobile slogan went, "Ask the man who owns one."

My experience and comments on the EZcarlift are here, for anyone who is interested.
    -Rod

Quote Originally Posted by rodpaine View Post
    How much actual time have you spent using one? Sounds like no time, as your opinion does not relate at all to my experience with mine, which I've been using now going on two years, with my E28 and other different make vehicles. As the old Packard automobile slogan went, "Ask the man who owns one."

My experience and comments on the EZcarlift are here, for anyone who is interested.
    -Rod
    I will freely admit that it interferes less with the car than I had envisioned. I would still not be able to use it a significant fraction of the time, and the time required to assemble/disassemble it is significant. IMHO, it's still not worth the expenditure, but many people don't do what I do to their cars.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick325xiT 5spd View Post
    I will freely admit that it interferes less with the car than I had envisioned. I would still not be able to use it a significant fraction of the time, and the time required to assemble/disassemble it is significant. IMHO, it's still not worth the expenditure, but many people don't do what I do to their cars.
    I used to break mine down to store it due to my small garage, but I no longer do that with others wanting to use it for a short period. I now leave it assembled and under the car, as its design allows you to drive over the spacer rails without any damage to them.
    FWIW,
    -Rod

Thread Information