Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Deutsche Marque Concours registration is open! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Deutsche Marque Concours registration is open!

If it rains Saturday the event maybe a no-go for me. I was planning the detail most of the day.
    Supercharged '03 530
    Thinking about tracking down an e28 535is

Thanks for your reply John......... see ya there
    2015 335xi m sport

I'll put this here, but plan to get it out to the registrants as well.

Deutsche Marque Concours Weather Update:

As you all may know, the forecast for the weekend is uncertain and there is a possibility of scattered showers. While we have a rain date available to us, May 17th, there is no guarantee that the weather will be clear on that day either, and there are considerable difficulties associated with moving the show. Accordingly, our intention is to have the show if practicable. We have also made arrangements with Fairfax County Park Authority to arrange our cars in the parking lot and grounds adjacent to Hunter House in the event that the field conditions are not hospitable for us on Sunday.

We are monitoring the forecast closely. If the forecast deteriorates substantially, or if conditions are materially worse Sunday morning than those previously forecast, representatives of the clubs hosting the show will speak early in the morning on Sunday and make a final decision on whether to hold the show. If the clubs decide NOT to hold the show, we will send another blast email and update our website [insert NCC hyperlink] no later than 7am Sunday morning.

So, unless you hear otherwise from the club, via our website and blast email, WE WILL HOLD THE SHOW THIS SUNDAY, MAY 3RD.

Thank you and we hope to see you all on Sunday.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Keep your fingers crossed for good weather! I will be there with 2 cars and wouldn't miss it. It's all about the PEOPLE anyway...

A lot of hard work goes into planning this event. I mean the coordinators have to work with PORSCHE and MERCEDES clubs, not the easiest people to convince of anything...... they actually think that THEY have the best German cars!

Come on out and bring your rain gear! A few rain drops will hide imperfections in freshly waxed paint!!
    Willy Lutz
    1990 Schwarz 325is
    1991 Brillantrot M3
    1991 Macao Blau M Technic
    2003 Mystic Blau 330i ZHP

Willy! I'll be in South Riding tomorrow night to catch up with Allen. Can I leave my ///M car with you so you can detail it for me?

Just say "Yes" and have a bag of stuff you need dry cleaned and we'll call it a day. Stefen hepled me do my brakes and looks stellar!! Just a few more minor modifications and i'm done... I hope.

-young.

The home page info has been updated and registration is now open! It figures with just 3 postponements in the last 18 years one has to occur on my watch. I'll see you there!
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Exclamation

What's the word on this weekend's Deutsche Marque Concours event?
    Chicane
    2001 E46 M3 - Jet Black [6 speed]
    1996 E36 M3 - Alpine White [5 speed]
    1988 E24 635CSi [Rare factory 5 speed]
    2000 E46 323i - Silver

It's scheduled for Sunday, May 17th.
    8:30 a.m. — Field opens to show participants for placement onto the field.
    9:00 a.m. — General admission starts.
    10:00 a.m. — PLEASE have your car on the field by 10:00 am. We do our best to judge everyone consistently and fairly and can do this best if we have sufficient time. Thank you!
    10:30 a.m. — Judging begins.
    3:00 p.m. — Wine and Cheese Reception — Awards for all clubs will be presented at the Wine and Cheese Reception.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

i'm not trying to jinx anything, but what happens if there is rain on Sunday? is it rain or shine since its already been re-scheduled once?
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

I'm afraid to even watch the weather at this point! We do not have another date selected to assemble all four clubs, nor is the park reserved for another date. Barring a hurricane or tornadoes I hope we can have it.
    Many times we have had clouds and showers and still held the event. Just don't need a
    downpour like occurred on May 3rd.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

any word yet?
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

http://www.accuweather.com/enhanced-...her&traveler=0

It will pass tomorrow night!

Jared
    Jared
    87 325is
    Looking for another e30

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    any word yet?
    Paul, read the previous message. Sounds to me like any decision to cancel would be made Sunday morning.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

We're going for it! Forecast for Sunday is improving, food for awards reception is ordered, beer & wine will be picked up tomorrow.
    See you there!
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Make it So...

People; we are a CAR club not a motorcycle club! We should all be there rain or shine. We can not pack it in at the first sign of precipitation. If you are not driving a 16 cylinder Duesenberg, your car should be able to survive one day out of the garage without losing 80% of it's value. Whether your BMW was designed by Wilhelm Hofmeister, Paul Bracq or Chris Bangle it can handle the drizzle that may or may not occur on Sunday. A further bonus is, as I learned in the Marine Corps; humans are pretty darn waterproof ourselves! So plan to be there Sunday then, BE there on Sunday! This is one of the most fun things we do every year. So let's do it. Make it so Number One...
    Last edited by ///MARINE; 05-17-2009 at 06:07 PM.
    Brooklyn Taylor - Member # 354954
    Chief Marketing Officer at NCCBMWCCA
    Garage: M3, M5, M6, 635CSi/5 & 850I/6

Thread Information