Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Deutsche Marque Concours registration is open! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Deutsche Marque Concours registration is open!

Exclamation DMC 17May09

Essayons!

Thumbs up

What an incredible turnout! It was a pleasure judging at the DMC today. Congratulations and thank you to everyone who showed up. I had never seen a 2002 Turbo or a 3.0 CSL in real life before today. Those cars are even more beautiful in person, than they are in Roundel and Bimmer magazine. Speaking of Bimmer magazine, we met Mike Lipsky and his 850Ci, the same one that was featured in a recent issue of Bimmer magazine (February 2009). The people were great and the cars were magnificent. Thankfully the weather also cooperated in a big way. Good times!
    Brooklyn Taylor - Member # 354954
    Chief Marketing Officer at NCCBMWCCA
    Garage: M3, M5, M6, 635CSi/5 & 850I/6

Marque Vienna BMWcca show

Had a great time also,seeing a BMW vintage motorcycle was cool too...
    Last edited by e90 awd; 05-17-2009 at 08:56 PM.
    2015 335xi m sport

i had a great time today!!! thanks to John and the Concours crew who put on a fantastic show (they also excel at weather forecasting; move over Bob Ryan).

i saw some of the most beautiful cars today and met many of the lucky people that get to drive them. It seemed to me that we had the biggest turnout out of all the other marques (especially Audi who only had about 6 cars).

next time i'll have to get one of my cars out there to show; but only if i have the patience to really give it a good cleaning (those judges were really tough ).
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

My thanks go out to those members who braved the elements to show today. I especially appreciate those that volunteered their time to serve as judges for the event - it's a time-consuming and nerve-racking task. I could NOT have done it without you!

If anyone took pictures today, please let me know or send them to me. There is a place in the Photo Gallery under Concours in the Navigation menu for members to add their pix under the event heading, so I'm hoping we have some to accompany the article for dB.
    Last edited by John in VA; 05-17-2009 at 08:55 PM. Reason: added photo request
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    My thanks go out to those members who braved the elements to show today. I especially appreciate those that volunteered their time to serve as judges for the event - it's a time-consuming and nerve-racking task. I could NOT have done it without you!
    You did a great job in your first year as Concours chief. Hope you'll consider another year at the helm. Bill Riblett deserves special mention, he's devoted. Today I found cloudy weather is advantagious when showing a white car. On sunny days they tend to wash out. My experience is with dark cars and knowing how to get the paint to "pop" on any given, sunny Sunday. White cars are tougher than I thought, there's nowhere to hide. So John, thanks again and you also get credit for the best Freudian moment of the day...when in the judges meeting, you referred to the entrants as patients. Yes, we're all sickos and you're a Doc. Party on.

Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Paul,
    I just saw the link at E46fanatics and watched the slide show - thanks!

Anita,
    Thanks for your kind words! Yes, Bill did a great job, no matter the task at hand. He and Willy showed up early and got and kept everyone lined up.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Thumbs up DCM 17May09

Very well done with this annual event!

Although I've heard of it for many years, this was my first time attending. Forshame on me! Think I'll add it to my annual schedule.

Many thanks to Dr John and all his helpers - and especially to all owners who braved the forecast and brought out their Bavarian motorcars for everyone to enjoy.

Slainte,
    Alan

John,
    Congratulations on a good show! Sorry to have missed it, as it looked like it needed more E28 examples and I missed seeing BMW friends, but house projects didn't allow me enough time to get my car ready, so maybe next year. You did good and I hope you're doing next years event, too.
    -Rod

John,

Thanks for a great day. The Deutsche Marque is a wonderful event and I throughly enjoyed helping and seeing all of the familiar faces.

Congrats to the Hardware recipients and cudos for all of the hard work that they did to prepare their respective cars. The uber rare stuff was a real treat for me to get my hands and eyes on. (Holy Bat-mobile!) (Rich Poples 2002 Turbo has to be the most desireable car I have ever seen and touched!)

I'm already looking forward to next year when I can prepare and show!

Best regards,
    Willy Lutz
    1990 Schwarz 325is
    1991 Brillantrot M3
    1991 Macao Blau M Technic
    2003 Mystic Blau 330i ZHP

great turn out, lots of nice cars. good thing the weather held up.

Nice e30 convertibles.

Anyone on here own the e30 technic? My daughter enjoyed it and the license plate was perfect. Nice car.

Good show.

Jared
    Jared
    87 325is
    Looking for another e30

Quote Originally Posted by 87325is View Post
    ...Anyone on here own the e30 technic?

Jared

Sport Evo (Willy) owns the 1991 Macao Blau M-Technic cab.

More show pix can be seen HERE.
    Last edited by John in VA; 05-19-2009 at 10:26 PM.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Yep, The M Technic is mine. I just got it a few months ago and absolutely love it! I got my license in an E30 cabrio and have been dreaming about the rarest of E30 variants since then. Found it on ebay in California and sniped a deal as fast as I could. Had to tell my wife it was for her and my 2 daughters cause I already had too many bimmers, hence the license plate.

PM if you want more details on the M Technic, happy to share info.

Best,
    Willy Lutz
    1990 Schwarz 325is
    1991 Brillantrot M3
    1991 Macao Blau M Technic
    2003 Mystic Blau 330i ZHP

Thread Information